Around the league Talk 2022-23

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Now, if we had a team like the Lions, I'd enjoy watching them. (can't believe I said that.lol )

They'd excite me to tune in every week. 

Is it because they don’t spend an entire game trying to gain yards on 2nd and 9?

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Is it because they don’t spend an entire game trying to gain yards on 2nd and 9?

the more i think about this the more frustrating it gets. what the hell happened to the guy who in his first season went for it on 4th down vs the eagles in FG range in overtime and went for 2 for a chance to win the game vs the chargers? how did it come to the point that we spend every second of the game run-run-pass-punting as soon as we establish a 3 point lead? unbelievable.

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

They are everything we were supposed to be on offense. 

Got a mid level QB through trade. 

They didn't sign their franchise WR in Golladay. Instead did it by committee. Signed solid players at WR and drafted a young stud. 

Drafted linemen in Sewell. Instead we got Wilson and Radunz. 

Got a one two punch at running back. We tried with Henry and that dude from Darryton Evans. 

We both had similar plans yet one did it exceptionally better than the other. Lol

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the more i think about this the more frustrating it gets. what the hell happened to the guy who in his first season went for it on 4th down vs the eagles in FG range in overtime and went for 2 for a chance to win the game vs the chargers? how did it come to the point that we spend every second of the game run-run-pass-punting as soon as we establish a 3 point lead? unbelievable.

I don’t think a lot of what we want to do/be on offense has really changed. Even with a lead, we would still lean on Derrick to finish off teams. We were down against Seattle last year and still ran the ball in order to come back and win.

it got out of hand this year, but part of it is just the perfect storm of legit poor roster management and injuries. OL could not pass block, Treylon missed half the year, lost best offensive weapon in offseason, leaning on rookies and camp bodies a lot more than should.

that doesn’t absolve coaches from some huge errors. But this was def the worst offensive roster we’ve had in some time, and marry that with the ground n pound philosophy…this is what happens 

23 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I don’t think a lot of what we want to do/be on offense has really changed. Even with a lead, we would still lean on Derrick to finish off teams. We were down against Seattle last year and still ran the ball in order to come back and win.

it got out of hand this year, but part of it is just the perfect storm of legit poor roster management and injuries. OL could not pass block, Treylon missed half the year, lost best offensive weapon in offseason, leaning on rookies and camp bodies a lot more than should.

that doesn’t absolve coaches from some huge errors. But this was def the worst offensive roster we’ve had in some time, and marry that with the ground n pound philosophy…this is what happens 

sure, but that doesn't explain why we've been so passive situationally basically ever since 2020. that 4th and 2 punt vs the ravens in the playoffs is still one of the most cowardly calls i've ever seen. what i'm saying is that vrabel's aggressiveness has been on a steady downward trend. the deterioration of the roster accounts for some of that, but not all of it.

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

sure, but that doesn't explain why we've been so passive situationally basically ever since 2020. that 4th and 2 punt vs the ravens in the playoffs is still one of the most cowardly calls i've ever seen. what i'm saying is that vrabel's aggressiveness has been on a steady downward trend. the deterioration of the roster accounts for some of that, but not all of it.

Would need to find a page that contains it all, but every time I see someone like Ben Baldwin tweet out the "go for it/punt" etc charts we've pretty much always been among the best in the league in going for it when we should. We just don't go for it outside of exactly when we should.

The Ravens punt was god awful undoubtedly, but beyond that by and large we seem to err on the side of analytics in making those decisions.

Here's an article from early November that pointed it out for this season to date:

[quote]Conservative and successful: Mike Vrabel's 5-2 Titans don't take unwarranted risks. They're 3-for-4 on fourth down on the second-fewest tries in the league. Baldwin's calculations maintain they've gone for it exactly as often as they should.[/quote]

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2467217

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

They are everything we were supposed to be on offense. 

Got a mid level QB through trade. 

They didn't sign their franchise WR in Golladay. Instead did it by committee. Signed solid players at WR and drafted a young stud. 

Drafted linemen in Sewell. Instead we got Wilson and Radunz. 

Got a one two punch at running back. We tried with Henry and that dude from Darryton Evans. 

We both had similar plans yet one did it exceptionally better than the other. Lol

Us trading ahead of them to draft Dez Fitzpatrick so they could take Amon-Ra feels like such a big moment for both franchises.

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Us trading ahead of them to draft Dez Fitzpatrick so they could take Amon-Ra feels like such a big moment for both franchises.

Drafting Fitzpatrick over St.Brown is one thing, trading up to do so is what makes it all time bad. 

It’s kinda amazing how much things went downhill for Jon Robinson after the 2020 playoff run. Went from Teflon Jon to fired in less than 3 years.

Edited by TitanSlim

14 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Drafting Fitzpatrick over St.Brown is one thing, trading up to do so is what makes it all time bad. 

It’s kinda amazing how much things went downhill for Jon Robinson after the 2020 playoff run. Went from Teflon Jon to fired in less than 3 years.

Oh yeah, and I’m personally obligated to post this anytime St.Brown and the Titans are mentioned together. He was literally the perfect “Titans” prospect and we passed on him all because of “Senior Bowl” smh.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:24 AM, TitanSlim said:

The more research I do, the more I think Amon-Ra St. Brown is the WR we’d pick if he’s there, in say the 2nd round. “Toughness”, “good route runner”, “great hands”, “big time YAC ability”are all things you’ll see said about him. All things that fit the WR profile we’re looking for.

Plus he was a team captain and from everything said about him is a high character guy. Something that means everything after the Wilson stuff.

Edited by TitanSlim