Raiders 3 year outlook

NickButera

Has it ever looked better?

Within a few months Zeigler has locked up the core of this team and almost every major position is locked down with an elite player. DE, WR/TE playmakers, LT, QB, we have a good young CB/S core. I was thinking how easy it's going to be to build an elite team over the next 1-2 years.

We have a few holes to patch, and because of the positions they are at, it can be done cheaply. It's been fun, reassuring and rewarding as a fan to watch their plan take shape so quickly.

How long has it been that we can realistically say we should be in the hunt for a Superbowl run starting next year to year 3? 

• Like 1

It certainly looks like they have a defined plan and strategy of attack. It appears they are being methodical and logical. I have hopes that the draft will go much better moving forward but maybe after our 2016 season we looked great moving forward. 2016 moving into the 2017 season we had a young draft class where we hit on a few really good players, franchise QB on a rookie contract, elite looking DE and OLine and a few nice pieces as well. At that point we thought McKenzie was a draft guru so maybe we looked better without the benefit of hindsight but we do look like we know what we’re doing now. Love the organisation, discipline and lack of penalties in the pre season.

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Our best shot with Adams/Waller to win a Super Bowl will indeed be the 2023 season (next year). Those guys will be 32 and 31 in 2024. 

We will just need to find a way to fix the OL and add a defensive piece or two, and hope it all works out. 

Yeah a lockdown CB in the draft ( cause nobody pounded the table for one) and a starting RT in the FA and our roster looks great.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Honestly I don't feel like the secondary played that bad. 

I thought they played pretty well for the most part. 

They can't cover forever, which is about a fraction of the time Herbert had to run around and make decisions. 

Our Run D is solid, but the pass rush was just non-existent. 

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I thought they played pretty well for the most part. 

They can't cover forever, which is about a fraction of the time Herbert had to run around and make decisions. 

Our Run D is solid, but the pass rush was just non-existent. 

If we throw names out on the window Chandler Jones was nonexistent today. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

So the same story as usual, tons of pressures, no sacks

Who knows how legit those pressures even are… Crosby was one of PFF’s draft darlings, and they will always up-play their draft darlings and downplay the guys they were low on. Their bias and unprofessionalism is such a turn off. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Who knows how legit those pressures even are… Crosby was one of PFF’s draft darlings, and they will always up-play their draft darlings and downplay the guys they were low on. Their bias and unprofessionalism is such a turn off. 

Yeah, what do they even constitute as a "pressure"? He was given 8 yesterday, but I can't think of 8 plays the entire game that Herbert was forced to throw early or even remotely close to being sacked, much less by 1 player.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1