BDL 2022 Week 1 - Flint Tropics @ Cancun Kaiju

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Flint Tropics
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2022 at 04:59 AM

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Why on earth is Simmons on the bench?

Because we felt Jarrett was better to start for the matchup but he still comes in a lot. I believe it's touched on in the gameplan. Last year he tried to attack Simmons too (week 8, we looked it up for reference).

Edit: math would seem to sit at around 40-60% assuming he's the main fill in for the missed snaps from the other 2 sitting.

Edited by LAOJoe

6 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Why on earth is Simmons on the bench?

I wouldn’t say he’s on the bench. For this week he’s the non-focal point of a 3-headed monster.

Seriously we start any 2 of our top 3 and it’s an elite unit. 
The reason I chose to focus on the athleticism of the other two this week is because I assumed with RBs like Jones and Rhamondre that they’d be throwing flat passes/Screens and I wanted the quicker guys who better exemplify that change of direction quickness to react to that type of stuff.

Simmons will still see the field 40%+

Edited by RTTRUTH

With only Penny left to play and not a huge part of the Flint GP I'll go ahead and knock this one out as well.

I like Cancun at home in this one. It's not a beatdown though. Maybe a 1 score game.

I would like to see about 50% less images going forward though lots were just saying the same thing to me. Buzz, Hook...

9 hours ago, SirA1 said:

With only Penny left to play and not a huge part of the Flint GP I'll go ahead and knock this one out as well.

I like Cancun at home in this one. It's not a beatdown though. Maybe a 1 score game.

I would like to see about 50% less images going forward though lots were just saying the same thing to me. Buzz, Hook...

What?

You know Conner, Singletary, AND Kamara played this week right?

• Like 1

This would be a shootout probably a close game. 2 great QB's and lots of mid to bad CB's.

The matchup that really stands out to me is the Flint defensive line vs the Cancun o-line and the just how bad those Cancun CB's are vs Josh Allen and Deebo Samuel. 

I think Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel/Josh Allen are the biggest difference in the game.

I'm going with Flint in a close one.

12 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Courtland Sutton plays tonight.

I think cover three is the correct way to go for the secondary that Cancun has.  Not sure how much I love the concept for what appears to be the whole game but I also understand those corners probably not being able to stand up in man.  Planning for the wrong personel though is unfortunate.  On the other end, Cancun has Mahomes and some weapons that would easily be better with him than their actual IRL qb's.  But it is what it is. 

On the flip side, not starting Jeffrey Simmons and limiting him to 40% of the snaps or so is a huge blunder  Especially with Zion Johnson struggling a bit week one (at least from what I saw).  With an extra plus receiver, Flint could do crazy things lining up Kamara and Deebo in the backfield but for now they have deebo outside.  

With all that being said I think both teams are going to be able to do what they want offensively.  Both qb are clearly top notch and should make for a great long term rivalry in this division.  I just think Flint has a couple extra defensive playmakers that do just enough to edge out the victory here

Flint 34-30