The OFFICIAL GDT: Browns vs. Jaguars

MWil23

Just now, .Buzz said:

I think you are reading WAY too far into all of this.

Too each their own I guess.

All I'm saying is that I'd take the under in this game and the o/u is at 37. I wouldn't be surprised if less than 20 points total were scored. If I am correct about it being a low scoring game then it will likely be a close game. It's probably a FG game as opposed to a TD game in poor FG conditions so 13-9 or 10-6 wouldn't surprise me at all. That favors the team that is -7.5 at home.

I also think Crowell leads all rushers in yards, although that may be more biased than predicting the effect the weather will have on the game.

The Browns offered Gipson more money to re-sign during the off-season than he ended up signing for with Jacksonville. He didn’t want to be here long-term. He has no reason to be bumping his gums. If he’s so glad to be out of Cleveland and in Jax, then enjoy, and quit kicking Cleveland when it’s already down. 

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The Browns offered Gipson more money to re-sign during the off-season than he ended up signing for with Jacksonville. He didn’t want to be here long-term. He has no reason to be bumping his gums. If he’s so glad to be out of Cleveland and in Jax, then enjoy, and quit kicking Cleveland when it’s already down. 

The reports were that the team never made him a serious offer. 

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

What? No they didn't. If they had he wouldn't be in Jacksonville.

Heck, in his firing at the Browns this week he said exactly that. They told him best of luck/thanks for your services and that was it. There was zero intetest from CLE.

40 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What? No they didn't. If they had he wouldn't be in Jacksonville.

Heck, in his firing at the Browns this week he said exactly that. They told him best of luck/thanks for your services and that was it. There was zero intetest from CLE.

I’m speaking based on what Matt Wilhelm and Nathan Zegura have been reporting during the week on “Cleveland Browns Daily.” It’s the Browns official podcast, from inside the building. My understanding is that it was in-season and immediate postseason negotiations, prior to FA, and that Gipson thought his value would be more than Cleveland gave him, during the off-season. 

Could be misinformation I suppose, but that’s the story they’ve been running with.

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m speaking based on what Matt Wilhelm and Nathan Zegura have been reporting during the week on “Cleveland Browns Daily.” It’s the Browns official podcast, from inside the building. My understanding is that it was in-season and immediate postseason negotiations, prior to FA, and that Gipson thought his value would be more than Cleveland gave him, during the off-season. 

Could be misinformation I suppose, but that’s the story they’ve been running with.

Never believe anything that comes out of their mouths. They’re mouthpieces for browns PR. State controlled media. 

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Never believe anything that comes out of their mouths. They’re mouthpieces for browns PR. State controlled media. 

Yeah, I'm not sure using those guys as a legit source is great. Gipson literally said at his presser with the Jaguars that the Browns told him right at the start of FA to take a walk basically.

I'm not disputing that they maybe had contractual talks prior, but that doesn't mean this should be on Gip either way. The guy was a UDFA and this was his first FA, can you blame him for seeing what the open market/true value was? Worked his behind off to make it as a UDFA, made very little money compared to the normal salaries of NFL players, and deserved to get paid.

Archived