Wide Receiver Outlook

MacReady

Speaking of WR's, here's a cool article from Davante Adams talking about his welcome to the NFL moment

He also talks about how hard the transition is from college to the Packers offense and learning the full playbook

He also says, anybody who thinks the Packers should tank is an effing ***** and should be sent to northern Siberia for further "training" and toughening up

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/davante-adams-green-bay-five-toughest-nfl/

On 11/22/2017 at 1:13 PM, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah it's tricky. You also have injury stuff. Ted will get killed if he signs him early and he blew a knee. Though that can happen whenever after too. Without knowing how any possible discussions have went it's just hard to know, more or less. 

Obliviously everyone is for getting him cheaper early. Is it possible? 

I don't understand this kind of thinking.  Ted can't predict the future and every player who signs any contract is an injury risk because of the nature of the game.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't understand this kind of thinking.  Ted can't predict the future and every player who signs any contract is an injury risk because of the nature of the game.

Me either. But people do it anyways.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, ugLymayNe said:

tbh resign Davante, sign Sammy Watkins, and ride out the remainder of Jordy's/Cobbs contracts. The cap is going up and the Packers have more than enough space to spend big like that...and it also means they don't have to spend high draft picks to find weapons for #thecomeback

Absolute no no no no no to Sammy Watkins. He shows up one week and is on a milk carton for the next three. No no no no no. Trust me I drafted him in two ff leagues and he's off my rosters and will never be on them again. 

5 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

Absolute no no no no no to Sammy Watkins. He shows up one week and is on a milk carton for the next three. No no no no no. Trust me I drafted him in two ff leagues and he's off my rosters and will never be on them again. 

Well if you drafted him in TWO Fantasy Football Leagues, how is anybody in any position to refute what you say? If it was just one league, I might be tempted to question your bonafides, but since you told me it was two, I'm thoroughly convinced.

Adams isn't a must sign, but should be our top priority for this team this offseason. What I mean is let's get it done, but you can't give him top 5 wr money. Cobb is making too much money and I do agree that McCarthy never used him correctly. I've even thought to myself why doesn't he ever throw a NFL pass, he was a qb in college. But if he was open Aaron would find him, so I think some of it is on him. But Geronimo can give us just as good of stats as him and way cheaper. I like his future.  Nelson worries me. Is he done? I hope not. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Well if you drafted him in TWO Fantasy Football Leagues, how is anybody in any position to refute what you say? If it was just one league, I might be tempted to question your bonafides, but since you told me it was two, I'm thoroughly convinced.

Lol. Yes I thought a fresh start for him would draw out his obvious talents but it hasn't. In Buffalo blame was placed on a lack of qb, he or ff owners can't do that anymore. 

6 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Adams isn't a must sign, but should be our top priority for this team this offseason. What I mean is let's get it done, but you can't give him top 5 wr money. Cobb is making too much money and I do agree that McCarthy never used him correctly. I've even thought to myself why doesn't he ever throw a NFL pass, he was a qb in college. But if he was open Aaron would find him, so I think some of it is on him. But Geronimo can give us just as good of stats as him and way cheaper. I like his future.  Nelson worries me. Is he done? I hope not. 

Does anyone truly believe that ANYONE is giving him top 5 WR money?  Alshon Jeffrey just signed a 4 year, $52M deal and he is the superior WR.  Adams isn't sniffing $14M/year.

Archived