Are the Vikings for real?

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Vikings will be fine, it’s just a Kirk Primetime Cousins episode. So strange how absolutely terrible he is on primetime games. He’s a pretty good, not great, QB otherwise. Which means their first playoff game is an auto loss as well. 

Nahhhh, WC games are usually a 1 or 4pm start.  They might be fine.

• Like 1

10+ years in the league, and people still can’t accept Kirk Cousins for what he is. 

Lots of weeks, he’s a great QB. Especially when no one’s really looking or expecting anything. Legitimate top 8 QB when his team is 5-7 or trailing by 10 in the 4th quarter. Genuinely brilliant throws and masterful performances. But then the expectations and the pressure start to mount, and his brain melts, and the ugly side of the Kirk Cousins Experience starts. The part where he plays like he’s just undergone a full lobotomy.

It’s hard to believe they can be really “for real” with Kirk as their QB. They can beat literally anyone on any given day. But stringing several high-profile wins together seems…farfetched.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

10+ years in the league, and people still can’t accept Kirk Cousins for what he is. 

Lots of weeks, he’s a great QB. Especially when no one’s really looking or expecting anything. Legitimate top 8 QB when his team is 5-7 or trailing by 10 in the 4th quarter. Genuinely brilliant throws and masterful performances. But then the expectations and the pressure start to mount, and his brain melts, and the ugly side of the Kirk Cousins Experience starts. The part where he plays like he’s just undergone a full lobotomy.

It’s hard to believe they can be really “for real” with Kirk as their QB. They can beat literally anyone on any given day. But stringing several high-profile wins together seems…farfetched.

Kirk Cousins seems like the textbook example of QB purgatory - too bad to lead a team through a deep playoff run and SB, but too good to score a chance at a top tier rookie QB to build up.

He's the guy you simply have - you don't get better or worse as a team, you're just flat.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Kirk Cousins seems like the textbook example of QB purgatory - too bad to lead a team through a deep playoff run and SB, but too good to score a chance at a top tier rookie QB to build up.

He's the guy you simply have - you don't get better or worse as a team, you're just flat.

I’m something of an expert in QB purgatory after 35+ years as a Redskins/Football Team/Commanders fan, so I’m happy to offer my knowledge, training, and experience on the issue. 

The part that makes Kirk so frustrating is that unlike the typical purgatory guys like Dalton or Garoppolo or Flacco (save for his one magical out-of-body experience), his peaks are so very high. At his best, you can easily envision him matching Rodgers or Brady or Stafford pass-for-pass in the NFCCG. “Good Kirk” is that good. Accurate, elite touch, deadly in the 20-35 yard range. Like hitting a few great golf shots, it’s so good that it keeps you coming back. Always thinking that eventually it will all click and they’ll all be like that. 

The problem is that “Bad Kirk” (some call him “Kurt”) is always lurking. He’s never not been lurking, and eventually he’s going to show his face. Whether it’s just for a few critical plays, or a couple decisive drives, or an entire big game. And then the damage is done, and it’s usually too much to overcome by the time “Good Kirk” re-emerges.

Honestly, if what you’re looking for is an extended stretch of wins (like a playoff run), I think you’re probably better off with the more consistently mediocre guys like Dalton or Jimmy G. They’ll never reach the heights that Kirk can, but they also are much less likely to unexpectedly shut down and implode your chances. If you’ve made it to the playoffs with guys like that, chances are you’ve got a very strong roster. And at the very least, they have a decent shot at not actively getting in your way. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

It was an ugly game. Cousin's Wrs and TE didn't do him any favors on top of him shooting himself in the foot on many occasions. It was a colossal melt down. I do think they are much better than the product they put on the field last night. 

While there were drops, several in fact let's not pretend the Eagles defense as a whole didn't come to play. 

Blitzes, Pressures, Sacks,  PDU,  INT. Vikings had no answers last night. Let's be real.

Minnie got punched in the mouth. I was talking to a Vikings fan today, he said the interior offensive line is incredibly soft and weak (I am quoting him because I don’t know…I did hear Bradbury sucks, but I assume he’d know more than me) to exactly what the Eagles put out. Coupled with Kurt under the bright lights, and it just seemed like one of those perfect nights for the home team.

chastizing experience kinda game, but you get those. I am sure they’ll bounce back and finesse the heck outta some teams. 10 wins.