Week 3: CIN Bengals vs NY Jets

Bobby816

On 9/23/2022 at 5:12 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

This week will say a lot about this team and staff. The Bengals are 0-2 with B2B2B losses by 3 points. Their OL is weak and they’re on the road for the 2nd straight game.

If we start slow that’s a problem

If the DL isn’t getting pressure that’s a problem

If the offense isn’t moving the ball that’s a problem. 

We shouldn’t need special teams miracles this week. Let’s establish ourselves as a wild card contender with a strong showing here. We don’t HAVE to win but we can’t look like a second class team against Cincinnati.

We suck

Good news is there’s no QB controversy.

We have big issues in the pass rush still. Lawson through 3 weeks hasn’t been who we thought. He was supposed to be our guy every offense had to account for. And he’s been below average. Never mind a factor.

I’ll hold off on judging the offense with a backup QB in and a rookie 5th rounder at RT. 

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The pass rusher we gave big money to who’s never had more than 6 sacks in a season isn’t producing? Shocker 

Ive been a big JD guy but man his free agents have just all been horrible every year. So many guys we are going to need to replace yet again. I think he deserves a second HC hire since Saleh likely is a dud unless there is a proven HC who either wants to be paired with a GM or have control over the personnel as well. JD has done more good than bad and has at least prioritized the right positions but results arent there (half on poor coaching) and the free agent signings overall in his tenure have failed miserably. Im 70-30 in keeping him but depending on who we are looking to bring in I would clean house. Just cant be for another unproven executive or HC that would be a mistake. As would drafting another top 3 QB with this staff.

• Like 1

We were always going to be long odds to beat an 0-2 Bengals team that's much better than that record. But that early defensive performance was just brutal and it was clear from far too early that we weren't really going to even make a game of it.

Either we overrate a lot of the players on our defense, which appears to have some talent on it, or our scheme is just awful. I'm inclined to think it's both and we're still a long way from being average there.

The only good things to come out of this game were:

• Zuerlein was great
  • Surely nobody is going to continue to suggest that we play Flacco any longer than we have to
  • Like 1

To be fair with Douglas on the free agent pick ups most free agent signings are busts. The best ones are usually the value ones and he’s hit enough to be comfortable and it’s not like he’s signing Trumaine Johnson year in, year out. Lawson I can at least give him some time because he hasn’t played and he’s also rotating far too often to establish any consistency 

• Like 1