Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

We not drafting a QB. 

Trading down or gonna take an edge or CB at 11. 

Tannehill will hand off to Derrick while throwing slants to Burks, NWI, Moore and an 3rd round WR. 

Win about 9 games. 

And draft in the #18 spot next year. 

• Like 1

Draft season has lost some fervor for me. Especially this time of year. The draft has become a reality television show. And so the rumors and reports seem less like reporters uncovering interesting tidbits to give to fans, and more like a game of agents and executives (both team and network) trying to shape public narratives. 

I dunno, maybe I'm getting old. I roll my eyes at most draft coverage these days. I used to follow it so feverishly. Now it seems so inane. I still love the idea of adding young players and watching our team evolve and improve, but at this point I just cant wait to watch the draft, see who we take, then retroactively scout our class and see how I like them and their fit to the team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Draft season has lost some fervor for me. Especially this time of year. The draft has become a reality television show. And so the rumors and reports seem less like reporters uncovering interesting tidbits to give to fans, and more like a game of agents and executives (both team and network) trying to shape public narratives. 

I dunno, maybe I'm getting old. I roll my eyes at most draft coverage these days. I used to follow it so feverishly. Now it seems so inane. I still love the idea of adding young players and watching our team evolve and improve, but at this point I just cant wait to watch the draft, see who we take, then retroactively scout our class and see how I like them and their fit to the team. 

The fun for me comes from discovering the guys, because I don't watch as much college football.  So really looking at a random WR from Houston is fun to me. 

However, part of the fun used to be finding guys that nobody was talking about on YouTube and what not.  But since now YouTube is saturated with videos of every guy that ever-played football from everywhere it's not as fun.

The combine used to be my first time seeing some of the guys, now I don't even really watch the combine anymore because I can see them anytime now. 

But yeah I do love diving into our picks. 

The talking heads suck really and everyone has a podcast/show. 

The main thing I want to know about especially the QB's are how their IQ is and how much they work. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The fun for me comes from discovering the guys, because I don't watch as much college football.  So really looking at a random WR from Houston is fun to me. 

However, part of the fun used to be finding guys that nobody was talking about on YouTube and what not.  But since now YouTube is saturated with videos of every guy that ever-played football from everywhere it's not as fun.

The combine used to be my first time seeing some of the guys, now I don't even really watch the combine anymore because I can see them anytime now. 

But yeah I do love diving into our picks. 

The talking heads suck really and everyone has a podcast/show. 

The main thing I want to know about especially the QB's are how their IQ is and how much they work. 

I like looking at early mock drafts for next year and other stuff to find guys to look for during college football season. Sometimes its hard to get invested because I don't have a college team... (even though MTSU hasn't been bad and I have a degree from there.) But trying to identify prospects during college football season gives me reason to check out those random mid-week MAC games and other obscure cfb games. 

Edited by Chocolateman78

They don't know anything. 

They cover it all. Going early. Then going late. 

They suck. 

But heard someone talk about QBs. Some of the best QBs in the past few years, were projects. 

The "ready" ones have been the ones that had ceilings except I think Burrow. 

Allen. Jackson. Mahomes and Herbert to an extent needed work and either sat at the start. 

5 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I like looking at early mock drafts for next year and other stuff to find guys to look for during college football season. Sometimes its hard to get invested because I don't have a college team... (even though MTSU hasn't been bad and I have a degree from there.) But trying to identify prospects during college football season gives me reason to check out those random mid-week MAC games and other obscure cfb games. 

Lol yeah. 

Tennessee State for me. Not necessarily a football factory anymore. Lol. 

But this year is the first year in a while I have a mind to watch the QBs and have a general knowledge of the better ones. 

One last thought about the QB. 

I've said it before but just want to get it out again. Lol 

Trading up for a QB if you believe in him is the best way IMO. 

If you hit on a QB it's automatically A+ and it's that way for the drafts after almost too. 

Best way to support and build around a QB is to build specifically for that QB not try to find a QB that can fit what you got. That's how you end up with a spread QB in a power running system. 

If you believe in him get him figure out the rest later. But if you not convinced then keep building the roster.