Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

I'm hearing a lot about us potentially picking Michael Mayer, and I'm pretty warm to the idea.

Could give Malik a nice easy target, and also can help in the blocking game. Splits the difference between OL and WR, two needs for the Titans.

I havent seen much impact yet in 2022 from Mayer, but I'm watching closely.

If we flame out and pick like 7th though, we can't do that though. Picking Mayer should only be done if we make the playoffs and he drops to our spot at 21.

If we pick 7th, we gotta just go BPA, even if that means picking an Edge, which is typically a valuable asset

Edited by kokichi

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

No to any RB high.

WR is a maybe but Kyle Phillips and Trey Burks should be fine and fill in with FAs.

DE, OLB are my two. The Verse kid at FSU looked good in the couple FSU games I caught.

I totally agree. Good enough RBs can be found in rounds 3 or 4 if we even feel the need. And that's debatable.

I really want Myles Murphy at our potential spot

MM either way. Myles Murphy if we miss playoffs. Michael Mayer if we make it

Edited by kokichi

With a young QB and a run first offense, I really feel a dynamic TE is huge for us. Idk If we were to build our offense around Willis similar to the Ravens or Eagles, we need to find our Goedert or Andrews. A safety blanket for our young QB.

Maybe Michael Mayer is that guy. I really hate Brock Bowers from UGA isn’t eligible though because he’s a truly dynamic TE prospect. May be every bit as good as Pitts was as a prospect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

With a young QB and a run first offense, I really feel a dynamic TE is huge for us. Idk If we were to build our offense around Willis similar to the Ravens or Eagles, we need to find our Goedert or Andrews. A safety blanket for our young QB.

Maybe Michael Mayer is that guy. I really hate Brock Bowers from UGA isn’t eligible though because he’s a truly dynamic TE prospect. May be every bit as good as Pitts was as a prospect.

Yes, we need some flair. 

I don't want a boring OT pick. Lets find some decent ones somewhere else than round 1.

WR is still my favorite for the pick. Having two really dynamic receivers opens things up and we could use more speed on offense.

Having Phillips as a WR3 and NWI as WR4 is ideal with two more dynamic athletes on the outside.

I'd like to start hitting some offensive linemen (not the Daley's of the world) through free agency like we did with Ben Jones so we don't have to spend high picks on them.

9 hours ago, kokichi said:

Yes, we need some flair. 

I don't want a boring OT pick. Lets find some decent ones somewhere else than round 1.

Exactly. I mean let’s be honest our recent track record on early round linemen has been abysmal. Let’s actually add some skill and explosiveness to this painfully slow football team. 

Edited by Titansfan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

WR is still my favorite for the pick. Having two really dynamic receivers opens things up and we could use more speed on offense.

Having Phillips as a WR3 and NWI as WR4 is ideal with two more dynamic athletes on the outside.

I'd like to start hitting some offensive linemen (not the Daley's of the world) through free agency like we did with Ben Jones so we don't have to spend high picks on them.

I've always favored this...
Top picks on skill positions, edge rushers.
2nd-4th Round picks you can get a good OL.
Then pay for a good OL in FA. 

I thought we should have paid Mitchell Schwartz when he left the Browns, instead we drafted Conklin.   
Could have taken Bosa/Ramsey in the first
Taken Michael Thomas and Derrick Henry in the 2nd

• Like 1