Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

45 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just gotta go for talent/fit for a couple years. No projects or injury guys. 
This last class was full of proven players who produced and what not. 

Stick with that.

That looked like the JRob formula for the most part from 16-19. Don’t know if the covid years affected his process or what for the 20/21 classes. Hopefully he’s right the ship with the 2022 class.

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

That looked like the JRob formula for the most part from 16-19. Don’t know if the covid years affected his process or what for the 20/21 classes. Hopefully he’s right the ship with the 2022 class.

I know people take it as excuse, but I really do think the Covid years are not really representative of the true scouting/drafting process.

He talks a lot about being able to get hands on them, meet them, and read their body language. 

20/21 classes really didn't allow that as much or at all. 

Looking at the tackles in this class, I'm actually optimistic for who will be there in the 20s.  Paris Johnson Jr. and Broderick Jones are almost certainly long gone.  Skoronski too, even though I don't think he's that impressive.

Darnell Wright is a right tackle, and possibly Dawand Jones too, but both are big powerful blockers the Titans should really like.  And for most guys, transitioning from one side to the other at tackle isn't that big a deal if they have the skill set.  One or both might still be on the board in the 20s.

Olumuyiwa Fashanu out of Penn State looks the part, even though he needs to clean some stuff up.  He might be there.

But I think Anton Harrison out of Oklahoma is both the best fit and the safest pick outside of the top two.  Gets beat sometimes, but generally recovers very well, and pancakes guys a lot.  Powerful blocker, without any of the glaring weaknesses that a lot of the other potential first rounders do.  Draft is today, and I'm in charge, that's who I'm likely taking.

17 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I want Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 so bad. I would trade this year's first to be able to get him next year if we can find a way to lure a team that likely sucks next year into a deal.

Not only is he amazing, but it would be a huge F You to the Colts.

Just to trade him away after 3 years?

joking btw….

23 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I want Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 so bad. I would trade this year's first to be able to get him next year if we can find a way to lure a team that likely sucks next year into a deal.

Not only is he amazing, but it would be a huge F You to the Colts.

He’s insane.

For real though, give me any non guard on this Ohio State OL.

Paris Johnson isn’t gonna make it to us, but I’m wondering if Dawand Jones could play on the left side.

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He’s insane.

For real though, give me any non guard on this Ohio State OL.

Paris Johnson isn’t gonna make it to us, but I’m wondering if Dawand Jones could play on the left side.

jones is a mauler but too slow to work in a ZBS imo. i think you were on the right track with anton harrison

On 11/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, -Hope- said:

if malik ain't it i would absolutely sell the farm for caleb williams in 2024

Just bumping this comment. I don’t know if the farm would be enough for him. Out of all the college QBs, he’s the one I feel could end up the elite tier. 

Also if Michael Mayer is there at our pick, I could easily see him being our pick. Production+Team Fit+Potential Position of Need=Futute Titan.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Just bumping this comment. I don’t know if the farm would be enough for him. Out of all the college QBs, he’s the one I feel could end up the elite tier. 

Also if Michael Mayer is there at our pick, I could easily see him being our pick. Production+Team Fit+Potential Position of Need=Futute Titan.

I said more or less the same thing a while back. Dude really looks like the real deal.

Mayer is great, but for value, I would rather have Darnell Washington in the second myself. We could do so many things with a TE that size.

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

I said more or less the same thing a while back. Dude really looks like the real deal.

Mayer is great, but for value, I would rather have Darnell Washington in the second myself. We could do so many things with a TE that size.

Really starting to look at him. 

My first impression was, he can't run around like that in the NFL. 

And he seems like a "punk.". 

Those were first impressions before watching him throw. He got the goods. For real