Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

3 minutes ago, 615finest said:

If we end up with a top 10.. I think it’s also a screens too where we could end up at 7 if we lose out.. QB definitely becomes a real possibility… Do you go QB or T with a top 10 pick?

I'd go OT if one is worth it. I wouldn't hate if we took Stroud if he falls, but no thanks to Levis or Richardson, but I'd still prefer to try to fix the OL before drafting a QB. If no OT is worth it, then trade down to where it would be worth it and add a couple picks.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd go OT if one is worth it. I wouldn't hate if we took Stroud if he falls, but no thanks to Levis or Richardson, but I'd still prefer to try to fix the OL before drafting a QB. If no OT is worth it, then trade down to where it would be worth it and add a couple picks.

i'd say if paris johnson is there you take him right there- otherwise it's definitely possible to trade down for a broderick jones/jaelyn duncan/anton harrison type, who are all great tackle prospects, just less complete than johnson. so naturally what we'll do is stay at the high pick and take skoronski who will ultimately end up at guard lmao.

Edited by -Hope-

3 hours ago, 615finest said:

If we end up with a top 10.. I think it’s also a screens too where we could end up at 7 if we lose out.. QB definitely becomes a real possibility… Do you go QB or T with a top 10 pick?

I think the rule is you take a QB when you have the chance to pick a QB. lol Unless they are all true cheeks. 

Let's say we draft a LT. I'm assuming we running it back with Tannehill, then we aren't in position the following year to take a QB when Tannehill contract is up. I'm not trying to sign him to another 3-4 years. 

I am a Michigan fan, so I know I have some bias, but watch out for JJ McCarthy next year. His only real flaw is he overthrows the deep ball...but I have watched every snap and he make several tight window NFL throws every week...he just doesn't get any love because of our run game. I see it also probably because the runs an NFL offense similar to ours where guys aren't schemed open. This is definitely a take the could age poorly...but could also be sneaky good!!!

All that said...if we are in range take a QB I say do it. No chance to win a SB these days with no A level QB. Just have to be sure if we trade up and give up on future picks. 

Edited by Dr.Doom52

21 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Thoughts on Will Levis?

If we end up drafting high enough it may be in the conversation. 

Opposed to the opinion I like Levis. 

Levis had some moments in 2021. This year he straight up did not look like a draftable prospect. Malik is a far better prospect across the board, and would not require additional investment.

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Is it really any worst than rolling with Malik?  At least with the other two they have a sense of playing the spot. Malik doesn't have that. It will take maybe 2 more years until he is functional in my opinion. 

Based on what? He showed flashes early this season, still has tons of potential, and has an awful offensive staff grooming him around an awful supporting cast. We really don’t know that much more about him than we did when he was drafted.

9 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know we have no shot at him and ask this out of curiosity / other people’s thoughts 

I get that he’s a super smart dude with very good athleticism, great arm 

but is Bryce Young’s size not a major concern?

Young checks every box for a top tier QB except size, and yeah, it does seem like some aren’t as worried as I am about it. I think it really should be a major concern. Still puts him way ahead of whoever QB 3 in this class is.

Stroud and Young are the only ones that look like upgrades over Malik. Stroud is a pretty good fit for what the Titans want in a QB, but really low ceiling imo.

And I would rather have Paris Johnson than either of them anyway. Dude is a stud.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Based on what? He showed flashes early this season, still has tons of potential, and has an awful offensive staff grooming him around an awful supporting cast. We really don’t know that much more about him than we did when he was drafted.

it’s funny how if literally *any* WR decides to catch a pass vs KC we’re talking about how malik won that game for us with a couple of perfect downfield dimes.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, -Hope- said:

it’s funny how if literally *any* WR decides to catch a pass vs KC we’re talking about how malik won that game for us with a couple of perfect downfield dimes.

Yeah. The talent is there, but the bigger issue is that we just win too many games to get great QB prospects. The only way to get a great one is either luck out, or lose a lot of games. We won’t lose a lot with Tanny, and we’re obviously in a rebuild at this point.

Draft to fix OL and help with weapons, trade Tanny for a little more capital, and roll with Malik. He may bloom with another year and a better situation. He may not grow at all, and then great, we know to drop him and we’ll be picking high enough to grab an actual first round talent like Drake Maye or Bo Nix (assuming he grows more).

Or he may keep showing flashes, in which case we can trade him for more capital. Either way, we come through the rebuild quicker, and those are situations in which he fails.

But yeah, the only QBs I had graded higher than Malik from this class are Stroud and Young, who we won’t get, and Bo Nix, who went back to school.

Levis is hot garbage, and Richardson is pretty much the same thing as Malik: upside that needs like a year plus.

20 hours ago, -Hope- said:

We'd be talking about that one game I believe. And it would be that game where we try to hold on to for proof that he is good.

Like the 2016 season for Marcus or his first game. 

Or for Locker that Detroit game. 

His overall playing sample including preseason hasn't been great. And if you add in the problems he has against the top schools in college it all equals that what we are seeing us likely him until he has a total shift in who he is as a player. 

I hope he puts in a great off-season and improves. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We'd be talking about that one game I believe. And it would be that game where we try to hold on to for proof that he is good.

Like the 2016 season for Marcus or his first game. 

Or for Locker that Detroit game. 

His overall playing sample including preseason hasn't been great. And if you add in the problems he has against the top schools in college it all equals that what we are seeing us likely him until he has a total shift in who he is as a player. 

I hope he puts in a great off-season and improves. 

Why is it that people suddenly were kidding saying Malik would take more than a year to develop if he does?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Why is it that people suddenly were kidding saying Malik would take more than a year to develop if he does?

I think it is seeing exactly how far away he is from even a functional NFL QB. 

Like dang he needs that much work. 

A year and half to be the starting QB. 

Not a year and half from being able to be a backup. 

At least that's my idea. 

I thought he could at least give us a game or some good spot duty. 

And a better OC will likely make a world of difference. But sheesh. 

I'm literally shocked and happy  he can complete even a basic check down at this point. 

11 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm literally shocked and happy  he can complete even a basic check down at this point. 

at this point i have no earthly idea what you're talking about, because completing basic quick routes and checkdowns is literally what he did all game last week. anyone with a realistic outlook on his development should be happy that he's displaying any ability to play within structure, because he barely displayed that at all at the college level.

it just sounds like your expectations were inflated from the start, to be honest.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

at this point i have no earthly idea what you're talking about, because completing basic quick routes and checkdowns is literally what he did all game last week. anyone with a realistic outlook on his development should be happy that he's displaying any ability to play within structure, because he barely displayed that at all at the college level.

it just sounds like your expectations were inflated from the start, to be honest.

I can't be happy with what I've seen from him. It's very discouraging. 

I'm just saying I'm shocked to see any of his passes completed. Hard to describe. 

Even a simple hook route to woods or Burks seems challenging. 

Again my expectation was that at the least he could run around and play sandlot ball to make plays. But he isn't doing that. And when he does it's very cringe. Like the end of the game. 

Yeah I had dreams of him shocking the world and being a player. But my expectation was that he could be that scrambling QB that had like 100 yards passing and 80 yards rushing just making plays. 

I've seen that he isn't that great of a runner at this point. 

I don't see what you see. I see a guy that is scared to throw the ball and when he does it's late. 

If thinking he could at least be better than Nathan Peterman is inflated then lol I guess I did have an inflated expectation 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I can't be happy with what I've seen from him. It's very discouraging. 

I'm just saying I'm shocked to see any of his passes completed. Hard to describe. 

Even a simple hook route to woods or Burks seems challenging. 

Again my expectation was that at the least he could run around and play sandlot ball to make plays. But he isn't doing that. And when he does it's very cringe. Like the end of the game. 

Yeah I had dreams of him shocking the world and being a player. But my expectation was that he could be that scrambling QB that had like 100 yards passing and 80 yards rushing just making plays. 

I've seen that he isn't that great of a runner at this point. 

I don't see what you see. I see a guy that is scared to throw the ball and when he does it's late. 

If thinking he could at least be better than Nathan Peterman is inflated then lol I guess I did have an inflated expectation 

i’m going to just ignore all the hyperbole in this post and reiterate that if you’re genuinely discouraged by what malik has looked like thus far then your expectations were out of whack from the get-go and you need to rein it in.

by the way, he averaged 6 YPC running the ball last week. dude can’t rush for 80 yards if we don’t actually call designed running plays. guess that’s his fault now though.

38 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i’m going to just ignore all the hyperbole in this post and reiterate that if you’re genuinely discouraged by what malik has looked like thus far then your expectations were out of whack from the get-go and you need to rein it in.

by the way, he averaged 6 YPC running the ball last week. dude can’t rush for 80 yards if we don’t actually call designed running plays. guess that’s his fault now though.

I didn't know that the bar was that low for him to earn grace. 

I get the OC part. 

However, it just doesn't look like he is able to conduct an NFL offense from what he has shown so far.  

I am admittedly sour on him at the moment. I also am one that wants to see him with a shot at winning the job. 

Same time I'm not ok with waiting on him 2 years  to see if he can become functional, when and if we ever have the chance to draft a highly rated QB. 

But it's not hyperbole for me when I thought he'd be able to look better than Woodside might look. And he did look better in the preseason I'll give him that. 

But I don't think it's unreasonable to think an 3rd round QB could look better than he has.

And the calls aren't his fault but man. I dunno. I had low realistic expectations and he has disappointed those. 

I thought ok. Burks is back so lets see them connect. Nothing. I haven't seen the All 22 so I don't know maybe he was never open. 

I hate to sound like I'm burning the guy. But I don't see the foundation to be defending him either.