Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

Stroud probably had his best game of his career tonight. It was amazing, just don't watch only this game and think that's who he always is. He's often not evasive and hesitant to use his legs and can fold when pressured.

We would likely have to trade up to get either Levis or Stroud. If you can do it and you think they're the guy, you do it. Doesn't matter what the rest of the needs on your team are.

Are they the guy? Another question.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanSS said:

Stroud probably had his best game of his career tonight. It was amazing, just don't watch only this game and think that's who he always is. He's often not evasive and hesitant to use his legs and can fold when pressured.

yeah it was bizarre, he looked like completely different player. if he did that week in and week out he’d probably be QB1 in this class. roll of the dice to think he can make that a consistent part of his game, but i guess it’s all a roll of the dice

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah it was bizarre, he looked like completely different player. if he did that week in and week out he’d probably be QB1 in this class. roll of the dice to think he can make that a consistent part of his game, but i guess it’s all a roll of the dice

When a QB shows those flashes, it will be the GMs and Coaches who say "I can get that out of him week in and week out."

Richardson and Levis are dangerous picks because of their flashes. 

43 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We would likely have to trade up to get either Levis or Stroud. If you can do it and you think they're the guy, you do it. Doesn't matter what the rest of the needs on your team are.

Are they the guy? Another question.

I was gonna say, if you like a guy, you go get him. We will see if we like anyone. Long way to go till draft day. Lotta things can happen. 

Still may be picking after 19 also.

Will say. Stroud showed me more than I thought he had tonight. Show an ability to elevate in a big moment.

53 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I never disliked Stroud. Never really paid attention until this week. 

He's be my QB1. 

Hard agree.

After watching his tape before this game I wasn't one way or another with him, nothing convinced he would be bad or an outstanding prospect. 

There is definitely something to how he elevated, especially after his weapons went down. He was smooth in his pocket presence and movement, felt Burrow esque.

Just doesn't seem like a reality we could get him. Unless we give up a bit of capital, which I just don't see us doing. 

My feeling is we don't take a guy this year. Not because maybe we wouldn't want to, I just feel we are in a weird spot.

Who knows though! Weirder stuff has happened. Maybe we trade up to the Bears pick because Vrabes wants his Ohio State boy.

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If we end up at #9, it'd take a ransom to get up to draft Stroud. We aren't in a position to do that because we are lacking so much talent.

But we could free up a lot of cap space and fill in the gaps with NFL guys. 

Being real. Will an 3rd round guy picked at the end of the round be highly likely to be real impactful?

If they believe in Stroud or whoever. I'd trade 3 1sts and Tannehill to get him 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/story/_/id/31173355/all-29-s-nfl-teams-traded-draft-quarterback

7. Chiefs strike gold with Patrick Mahomes (2017)

The trade: Kansas City sends its first-round pick (No. 27 overall), a third-round pick and a 2018 first-round pick to Buffalo for the Bills' first-round pick (No. 10 overall)

This should could be the ideal trade for us. If one falls to 10 and we get in the playoffs.