Scouting the NFL 2023 Draft Prospects

KingTitan

I'll just add that I don't know how long we think it's ok to wait on him. 

Unless you got an undisputable vet in front of you, I don't know if a NFL team can't afford to wait 2 and half years to see if you can get it. 

3rd round pick doesn't get that luxury. He is going to have to show a lot of growth from the end of the season to the next to show he is worth investing in. 

9 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'll just add that I don't know how long we think it's ok to wait on him. 

Unless you got an undisputable vet in front of you, I don't know if a NFL team can't afford to wait 2 and half years to see if you can get it. 

3rd round pick doesn't get that luxury. He is going to have to show a lot of growth from the end of the season to the next to show he is worth investing in. 

If you have a chance to get a good QB prospect, then you go for it. You're right that he's not good enough and we didn't invest so much in him that we can't improve. However, I just don't like Stroud that much. He's a better prospect, but he's not a can't-miss guy that we would be lucky to end up with.

Again, this is why I'm suggesting reload the OL with most of our resources this year and give Willis the starting job with an okay veteran like Mullens or Daniel backing him up. If he fails, then we turn it over to the veteran so you don't lose the team and get our QB next year. If he succeeds, then hooray. I know it's riskier and it's easy for me to say this when it's not my job security to worry about, but I'd still go for it.

7 hours ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, none of this is to say malik should be a reason we don’t draft a QB if we really like one. he definitely shouldn’t. that’s obvious

Yeah, it’s just that we’re almost certainly not in a position to get anyone better in this class, so why not roll with him and see? Either he’s the answer or we need one in 2024.

But no, start Dobbs for reasons. This team is gonna draft Will ******* Levis, I just know it.

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, it’s just that we’re almost certainly not in a position to get anyone better in this class, so why not roll with him and see? Either he’s the answer or we need one in 2024.

But no, start Dobbs for reasons. This team is gonna draft Will ******* Levis, I just know it.

The idea that Malik Willis is better than anyone in this draft class blows my mind. He's probably the 60th-70th best QB in the NFL right now. Most teams backups are better than him and we just grabbed a guy off the Lions PS who we thought was better than him after a single week in our offense.

All of the top 3 QBs in this draft are considerably better than Malik Willis.

Now, they may not be good enough to be top 10-15 QBs, so then you have to decide if you think they can be when drafting them. But they're certainly better than Malik Willis.

The OL has to be upgraded. If you don't think any of the QBs can ever be top 10 QBs, and you don't think there's a blue-chip WR/EDGE/CB, LT seems like the obvious choice in the first round.

Hoping for Paris Johnson Jr. to be there when we pick, but I could see some team needing an OT and taking him just because he's the highest rated at the position.

Just please don't take the guy who's definitely moving to OG. Skoronski or however you spell it.

31 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The OL has to be upgraded. If you don't think any of the QBs can ever be top 10 QBs, and you don't think there's a blue-chip WR/EDGE/CB, LT seems like the obvious choice in the first round.

Hoping for Paris Johnson Jr. to be there when we pick, but I could see some team needing an OT and taking him just because he's the highest rated at the position.

Just please don't take the guy who's definitely moving to OG. Skoronski or however you spell it.

OL has to be #1 priority. Don't care if the top CB is available. Get this line fixed.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

OL has to be #1 priority. Don't care if the top CB is available. Get this line fixed.

If there was a Sauce Gardner type guy available, I could disagree, but I don't think this is a top heavy draft at any position. Just wouldn't reach if the top OT is gone and you can't trade back.

Just now, TitanSS said:

If there was a Sauce Gardner type guy available, I could disagree, but I don't think this is a top heavy draft at any position. Just wouldn't reach if the top OT is gone and you can't trade back.

Why couldn't we trade back? I agree not to reach. I don't know too much about the top OTs available (except that Jaelyn Duncan sucks) so don't know who is worth what and if it'd be a reach. But I'd rather trade back and take an OL, even if it's a slight undersell to trade back.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Why couldn't we trade back? I agree not to reach. I don't know too much about the top OTs available (except that Jaelyn Duncan sucks) so don't know who is worth what and if it'd be a reach. But I'd rather trade back and take an OL, even if it's a slight undersell to trade back.

Would require a trade partner and those aren't always available. The first round guys I usually see are:

• Paris Johnson - OSU - Top 10
  • Broderick Jones - Georgia - Top 20
  • Anton Harrison - Oklahoma - 1st/2nd

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

The idea that Malik Willis is better than anyone in this draft class blows my mind. He's probably the 60th-70th best QB in the NFL right now. Most teams backups are better than him and we just grabbed a guy off the Lions PS who we thought was better than him after a single week in our offense.

All of the top 3 QBs in this draft are considerably better than Malik Willis.

Now, they may not be good enough to be top 10-15 QBs, so then you have to decide if you think they can be when drafting them. But they're certainly better than Malik Willis.

No one said that. He’s a better prospect than all but two though.

You’ve got an argument fir Richardson, but he’s as long developing as Willis was, so if you’re willing to punt on Willis after three games it’d be dumb as hell to draft the same thing.

Just now, Daniel said:

No one said that. He’s a better prospect than all but two though.

You’ve got an argument fir Richardson, but he’s as long developing as Willis was, so if you’re willing to punt on Willis after three games it’d be dumb as hell to draft the same thing.

No, I mean the idea that he's literally better than any of the QBs in this draft class. He's shown absolutely nothing for anyone to believe that he's better than even a mid round pick from this draft class. 

He is absolutely not a better prospect that Willis Levis or Anthony Richardson and the fact that he went in the 3rd round in one of the worst QB drafts in recent memory and they will go in the 1st round will reflect that.

Willis is so much further behind all of these guys mentally. I'm not sure what you're talking about man.