Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

On 11/2/2022 at 11:35 AM, Daniel said:

For sure.  If the question is "has Lawrence played up to the hype?" then the answer is an easy no.  But we crown young QBs every year, and write off others, when we all ought to know it's way too early to make a judgment call.  Tua was written off after his first two seasons by most people.  So was Josh Allen.

Mac Jones should have been the first overall pick after his rookie year, and this season he's fighting off a fourth round rookie.  Baker Mayfield broke the rookie TD record, and now is possibly not even the team's number 2.  I don't know why we have to reiterate that same lesson every single year.

Lawrence looks improved to me over last year.  That and the fact that he was an excellent prospect tells me he's probably going to be good.  Could he still bust?  Absolutely.  I'm projecting improvement, not saying the QB he is will win championships, because if he doesn't improve, then yeah, he's a huge bust.

Wow! A reasonable, nuanced post in NFL Gen. 

8 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Trevor should look good against my Raiders this weekend. If he doesn't, then Jags fans should start worrying.

He should, the Raiders pass defense is terrible. 

His best games were against 3 bad pass defenses. Games vs solid to good defenses he has horrible QBRs.  12, 29 , and 14. 

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I've watched both guys.  Minshew has made some great plays but it was clear his arm talent was lacking and by that I do mean arm strength. 

Lawrence has the better physical tools. 

The biggest difference was minshew took a lot of sacks and fumbled a bit. 

Minshew was also an overaged rookie coming out and is turning 27 in may while Lawrence just turned 23 last month.  3 seasons of football playing/experience is alot of time to learn. 

As far as production goes I probably take Minshews wrs corps over Lawrence.  

I'd take Lawrences tighends.

Running back is almost a push. 

Obviously Lawrence has better physical tools and a higher ceiling.

It doesn't change the fact that Minshew had more success from a team perspective and individually during each of their runs with the Jaguars up to this point.

I think the Jags made the right and obvious call to go the route they did but that doesn't change what has happened and it seems like Jaguar fans are trying to elevate what Lawrence has done and belittle what Minshew did. There is no reason for it, it's all documented.

All fan bases do it, I get that. We're flawed as people and when someone from our tribe joins another we must do what we have to do to make ourselves feel better. I just don't think saying things out loud is a good idea, your tribe likes to hear it but all of the other people just wonder how 4+4=2 and 1+3=7.

I'm sure Lawrence will be fine and who knows what chances Minshew even gets. Facts are facts though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Gets a lot of excuses for a generational talent and facing a very weak schedule. 

He was a top 10 QB before the Broncos game 😂.

Joe Burrow has 3 games with a sub 40 QBR (since I guess that’s what we are using) this year, same as Trevor. He stinks.

Zach Wilson completed 3 passes beyond 5 yards against the Broncos and got a QBR of 53. Might wanna find a new stat to use. 

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

27 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He was a top 10 QB before the Broncos game 😂.

Joe Burrow has 3 games with a sub 40 QBR (since I guess that’s what we are using) this year, same as Trevor. He stinks.

Zach Wilson completed 3 passes beyond 5 yards against the Broncos and got a QBR of 53. Might wanna find a new stat to use. 

Congrats, Lawrence did decent against some bad pass defenses. He has another one this week.

The solid to good pass defenses he had a 12, 29, 40, and 14 QBR.  He was hyped as a generational talent, it is very likely he is not that. 

8 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Congrats, Lawrence did decent against some bad pass defenses. He has another one this week.

The solid to good pass defenses he had a 12, 29, 40, and 14 QBR.  He was hyped as a generational talent, it is very likely he is not that. 

You expect QB’s to face good pass D’s every week? Weird. Weirder than using an ESPN stat like QBR.

And he had a horrible QBR against the Eagles cause he had 4 fumbles. Didn’t have anything to do with their pass D in a monsoon.

who are these 3 bad pass defenses you say he had good games against 

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

On 11/4/2022 at 12:17 PM, MikeT14 said:

This isn't apples to apples, but you might be seeing something along the same line in Washington. Heinicke doesn't have the arm strength or physical tools as Wentz or others before him, but he's just found ways to win. It isn't always pretty, but it comes together at the end sometimes. 

i still think minshew wouldnt be doing good this year in jacksonville either.   wr corps isnt good enough.  no deep threat what so ever. 

minshews best year was his rookie year especially early on when almost no coaches had nfl tpe of him and his limitations. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mLuvUwQRKc

^this is what i lawrence needs to learn.  learn when to eat it and keep in range or just throw it away.   weve had too many turnovers in the redzone wether it be an ettiene fumble or a dumb throw pick. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Gets a lot of excuses for a generational talent and facing a very weak schedule. 

and i dont think threres been a QB whos faced more adversity in 2 years besides fields from this QB class. 

this is essentially Lawrences rookie year cuz Urban didnt even know who aaron Donald was.  tells u enough about his picks for his coaching staff tho i do think cullen got the short end of the stick on that.

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

and i dont think threres been a QB whos faced more adversity in 2 years besides fields from this QB class. 

this is essentially Lawrences rookie year cuz Urban didnt even know who aaron Donald was.  tells u enough about his picks for his coaching staff tho i do think cullen got the short end of the stick on that.

I mean I understand Urban was a joke hire, but there really isn't a lot of pressure being a QB in Jacksonville. Its a pretty irrelevant area that doesn't really get talked about much.  Now he has Doug Pederson who has developed QBs before, has a explosive RB, solid OL, and solid defense with a weak schedule. A lot of QBs have gone through coaching changes and played on bad teams.   It helps not playing for a market that any little mistake you make you get criticized for. 

26 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I’d say Trey Lance shattering his ankle bone into dust in a pivotal year is a bit more adversity than a bum coach, lol