Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It kind of does yes.  Certainly doesn't have to be the best player ever but you are expecting a top 5 player when you say generational.  Generational guys come around maybe once a decade.  His fault or not that term was linked to him and right now he's an average QB. 

Manning and Luck lived up to the generational hype and right now Lawrence is not.  There are tons of high floor QBs who come out but don't have "generational" thrown around with their names.  When you have that attached to you then the expectations aren't middling QB fair or not.

You're disagreeing with yourself here, man.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

You're disagreeing with yourself here, man.

No I'm not.  "kind of" I said.  Every generational player doesn't have to be better then the one before.  That's just dumb.  But you are expecting them to be comparable and right now Lawrence isn't in that generational grouping.  

By your explanation every great prospect could be generational.  "Well he has a chance to be great but at worst he has a high floor."  Like 5-6 guys every draft are generational then in your opinion.  With the term generational comes higher expectations and average QB isn't one of them.

Not his fault he got hit with the label but you're setting an insanely low bar for the term generational.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

No I'm not.  "kind of" I said.  Every generational player doesn't have to be better then the one before.  That's just dumb.  But you are expecting them to be comparable and right now Lawrence isn't in that generational grouping.  

By your explanation every great prospect could be generational.  "Well he has a chance to be great but at worst he has a high floor."  Like 5-6 guys every draft are generational then in your opinion.  With the term generational comes higher expectations and average QB isn't one of them.

Not his fault he got hit with the label but you're setting an insanely low bar for the term generational.

A Jets fan not understanding what draft upside is checks out to me - I say we give him a pass on this one.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In hindsight.

Anyone else here old enough to remember when Andrew Luck was nothing but a Spider 2 Y Banana checkdown artist?

Pretty sure Luck was considered a top 5 QB during his playing days despite his flaws which he had.  Was stuck on some awful Cots teams too and carried them to the playoffs most years.  He certainly was never Manning and he got he his fair share of flack for it but right now Lawrence isn't close to even Luck so he has a long was to go.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Pretty sure Luck was considered a top 5 QB during his playing days

At the end, or starting by year 3ish.

You missed the lame duck year where he went back to Stanford and all any of the Mel Kiper wannabees (myself included, tbh) had to say was that he was a checkdown artist with no balls. I remember more than 1 Sam Bradford comp.

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A Jets fan not understanding what draft upside is checks out to me - I say we give him a pass on this one.

Hop on that bandwagon.  Go right ahead and toss around generational if you like.

And Rams fans know a lot about drafts?  That is cute.  I've been watching Douglas draft on high upside for a few years now and it's paying off.  So happy he chose that all those generational talents like Sauce, G. Wilson, AVT and Breece Hall.

56 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Go ahead. Tell me how he is 5-1 as the starter.

He had one good quarter against the Steelers. Been carried by the D/run game in every other game except the Pats. We saw what happened there. 

Can someone tell me what this post says? I can't read it from this high up in the standings. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sorry sore subject?  You must be one of those STL fans still looking for a new home.

No, not a all. As you noted above with the draft picks, watching the franchise run itself into the ground has been amusing.

Not having a team has been a breath of fresh air in comparison. I'm not only telling you this because you're a Jets fan (though I am partially telling you this because you're a Jets fan): you should try it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, not a all. As you noted above with the draft picks, watching the franchise run itself into the ground has been amusing.

Not having a team has been a breath of fresh air in comparison. I'm not only telling you this because you're a Jets fan (though I am partially telling you this because you're a Jets fan): you should try it.

I'm no quitter.  Losing only make the winning that much sweeter.  Sounds pretty terrible just floating around being a casual.