Week 4: Miami Dolphins (3-0) @ Cincinnati Bengals (1-2)

TheKillerNacho

Week 4: MIA @ CIN  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Joe Burrow
    • Chase Edmonds
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Alec Ingold
    • Joe Mixon
    • Samaje Perine
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Cedrick Wilson Jr.
    • Ja'Marr Chase
    • Tee Higgins
    • Tyler Boyd
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • Hayden Hurst
    • Jason Sanders
    • Evan McPherson
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bengals DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2022 at 12:15 AM

11 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Teddy was serviceable overall IMO.

We have a very winnable 8-game stretch coming up. Maybe 4-4 even without Tua. Hopefully X will heal up and then Byron Jones will be back.

I'd say the first 3 are very winnable with Bridgewater. But by no means a strong bet, either way. He's a smart player, but his arm is just so limited that he isn't the type of player you want starting for a long stretch of games, least of all for a 3-1 team whose main offensive strength is the speed of its receivers.

This AFC is too competitive to not give it your all, though. I'm not sure of the practicality, but trading for a guy like Tannehill would at the very least give our team a starting quality QB while giving Tua all the time he needs to fully recover.

That said, if you missed it, Tua apparently was cleared to travel home with the team tonight, which is an amazing sign. Don't want to see him back on the field for at least 3-4 weeks though, even in the best case scenario.

It was a short week after a grueling Sunday game and Miami was in it till the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter.

I want to see Bridgewater with a full week of practice. As of now you can definitely see the accuracy discrepancy between him and Tua. It wasn’t all bad, there were some bright spots to Bridgewaters performance. This team can win games. 

All the best to Tua, no need to rush back. It wouldn’t shock me to see him back after the Jets game. 

39 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

It was a short week after a grueling Sunday game and Miami was in it till the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter.

I want to see Bridgewater with a full week of practice. As of now you can definitely see the accuracy discrepancy between him and Tua. It wasn’t all bad, there were some bright spots to Bridgewaters performance. This team can win games. 

All the best to Tua, no need to rush back. It wouldn’t shock me to see him back after the Jets game. 

more than accuracy, a massive arm strength difference. Bridgewater's passes take years to reach their target.

our offense is icnredibly limited under Bridgewater.

31 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think there was a ceiling on our offense under Tua, even though he’s played well thus far. He has some weaknesses I don’t care for, but I think he’s a solid starting QB.

Edited by Tetsujin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

more than accuracy, a massive arm strength difference. Bridgewater's passes take years to reach their target.

I didn't notice much in arm strength difference between the two.  Teddy holds the ball forever and doesn't throw with much anticipation, and his ball placement isn't on the same level as Tua's.  Teddy just looks like he doesn't know / trust the plays.  Hopefully more reps show him improving.

Teddy needs to go to Gesicki early and often IMO.  That combined with slants and screens (high completion passes) to build his confidence in the scheme and play calls.

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

Tua does not have a strong body period and that will be his downfall in the NFL. It is plain to see that he will always be fighting injury no matter what people's opinion is of his on-field abilities. Tua is a very good QB that could lead Miami or any other team to the playoffs if he could stay healthy, but I just have flashbacks to Chad Pennington and getting hurt just when you need him. Bridgewater is garbage just like Brisset, Geno Smith, Jameis Winston, Marcis Mariota,  Mitch Tribisky , Jarred Golf, Carsen Wentz and the list goes on. I really hope Miami takes a look at Skyler Thompson if Tua is going to be out a while. 

Edited by Dolphinmeister
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

I didn't notice much in arm strength difference between the two.  Teddy holds the ball forever and doesn't throw with much anticipation, and his ball placement isn't on the same level as Tua's.  Teddy just looks like he doesn't know / trust the plays.  Hopefully more reps show him improving.

Teddy needs to go to Gesicki early and often IMO.  That combined with slants and screens (high completion passes) to build his confidence in the scheme and play calls.

Placement is fine (his deep accuracy is actually a touch better, actually). His pass velocity, though, is a noticeable dip - this was especially evident in his long bomb to Hill that miraculously worked out. Thought i was watching Chad Pennington all over again.

Gesicki just isn't a scheme fit for McDaniel's offense sadly, he hasn't seen much of the field. This staff clearly prefers Smythe.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Tua does not have a strong body period and that will be his downfall in the NFL. It is plain to see that he will always be fighting injury no matter what people's opinion is of his on-field abilities. Tua is a very good QB that could lead Miami or any other team to the playoffs if he could stay healthy, but I just have flashbacks to Chad Pennington and getting hurt just when you need him. Bridgewater is garbage just like Brisset, Geno Smith, Jameis Winston, Marcis Mariota,  Mitch Tribisky , Jarred Golf, Carsen Wentz and the list goes on. I really hope Miami takes a look at Skyler Thompson if Tua is going to be out a while. 

Durability was always the concern, yeah. Now he has a history of head injuries, too. It's such a shame.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:44 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Placement is fine (his deep accuracy is actually a touch better, actually). His pass velocity, though, is a noticeable dip - this was especially evident in his long bomb to Hill that miraculously worked out. Thought i was watching Chad Pennington all over again.

Gesicki just isn't a scheme fit for McDaniel's offense sadly, he hasn't seen much of the field. This staff clearly prefers Smythe.

I will look more closely and get back with you after the next game, but I pretty much felt the opposite on Bridgewater's passes (off placement, not nearly as accurate as Tua, but velocity was fine).  I'm going off memory (which mine isn't great LOL), but I didn't feel Bridgewater's passes were late because of poor velocity but rather because he doesn't know the Offense.  There have been time Tua holds the ball too long, but Bridgewater holds the ball too long 90% of the time.

• Like 1