Week 4: NY Jets vs PIT Steelers

Bobby816

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The good was we won and the Defense looked good. The S play and DEs showed up finally.

The bad was that Wilson didn’t look good.

He was also put in a lot of really bad situations. But the most important thing was that in the 4th Quarter he came out and looked like the guy. Made the big throws and put them in the endzone 2 times to win a ball game. 

I think the biggest issue on offense, is the OL is a mess. They cannot keep missing blocks like they do, how many times we ran the ball and ended up being 2nd and 14 putting our 2nd year QB in bad situations.  

We desperately need Duane Brown to be healthy and return at LT. This is insane how many OTs we had go down. 

• Like 1

D.Brown can possibly rent this week 5 and Fant could potentially return week 8. We could be decent at OT again by week 9. With Brown being older, I'm not sure how good he will be, but I expect progress in run blocking.  We just need solid play until Fant get back. 

Mitchell was in crunches. I'm expecting the worst. 

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

D.Brown can possibly rent this week 5 and Fant could potentially return week 8. We could be decent at OT again by week 9. With Brown being older, I'm not sure how good he will be, but I expect progress in run blocking.  We just need solid play until Fant get back. 

Mitchell was in crunches. I'm expecting the worst. 

I honestly never wanna see Fant starting for this team again. Hes really not that good. Brown different story and its a shame about Mitchell. AVT was the man today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

He was also put in a lot of really bad situations. But the most important thing was that in the 4th Quarter he came out and looked like the guy. Made the big throws and put them in the endzone 2 times to win a ball game. 

I think the biggest issue on offense, is the OL is a mess. They cannot keep missing blocks like they do, how many times we ran the ball and ended up being 2nd and 14 putting our 2nd year QB in bad situations.  

We desperately need Duane Brown to be healthy and return at LT. This is insane how many OTs we had go down. 

I respect the standard Bobby holds Zach to. Zach has to play better more consistently but he wasn’t bad this game at all. That 4th quarter was elite level QB play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I honestly never wanna see Fant starting for this team again. Hes really not that good. Brown different story and its a shame about Mitchell. AVT was the man today.

Fant’s been up and down for us. Let’s give him a shot after getting healthy. Either way though we need more bodies in here and he can’t be a long term answer as of now.

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Fant’s been up and down for us. Let’s give him a shot after getting healthy. Either way though we need more bodies in here and he can’t be a long term answer as of now.

If Max is healthy I rather wouldn't. He sucked the first year at RT and Brown is much better than he is as a LT. Our RG was a better LT! IF were desperate sure...we shall see though.

8 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If Max is healthy I rather wouldn't. He sucked the first year at RT and Brown is much better than he is as a LT. Our RG was a better LT! IF were desperate sure...we shall see though.

Brown is a fossil though. Fant will have suitors and he’s probably soured on us after the flip flopping so he probably won’t come back. We might need 3 new Tackles depending Becton’s knee.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

38 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I respect the standard Bobby holds Zach to. Zach has to play better more consistently but he wasn’t bad this game at all. That 4th quarter was elite level QB play. 

He has some things to clean up, that first INT can't happen. We were in FG range, plus you had a superior WR in Garrett Wilson open on a crosser.  Jeff Smith is never a WR you want to be throwing up a pass to downfield. 

Some of the game though, I just felt like he kept getting put in horrible situations then throwing on 3rd and long with a OL that was in shambles. 

Wilson is mentally tough though, it never matters how bad he is playing because he can all of a sudden start clicking and lasering in passes. The 4th Quarter he locked in and went 10 for 12 and led 2 TD drives to win the game, that is what you want to see from our 2nd year QB. 

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

He has some things to clean up, that first INT can't happen. We were in FG range, plus you had a superior WR in Garrett Wilson open on a crosser.  Jeff Smith is never a WR you want to be throwing up a pass to downfield. 

Some of the game though, I just felt like he kept getting put in horrible situations then throwing on 3rd and long with a OL that was in shambles. 

Wilson is mentally tough though, it never matters how bad he is playing because he can all of a sudden start clicking and lasering in passes. The 4th Quarter he locked in and went 10 for 12 and led 2 TD drives to win the game, that is what you want to see from our 2nd year QB. 

He was definitely in rough spots but he handled them well. There’s always throws we want back. I’m pleased but not satisfied.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I can't blame Fant for his struggles. He was switched around a lot and never had the chance to get comfortable. Then he got hurt. He's likely going to be back before Mitchell, so we need him unless we find a magical RT. Now that he knows he will return at RT, I think he will be solid there. When Mitchell comes back, we can sit Fant down. 

I'm very happy with the win and to say the Jets are at 500 going into week 5 is crazy!!! I'm not a fan of Zach but he did throw some good balls. The only problem is the turnovers. He throws A LOT of picks. I don't care who's fault it is but Zach needs to stop having the ball sail on him. Your not going to win a lot of games if you throw 2 picks or more a game. I did like how he lead them on a game winning drive and Hall carried the ball pretty well. I think as the weeks go bal Hall will get better and better and you use Carter on passing downs. Next year Hall can be the workhorse. The WR the Jets have are doing really well and Wilson will be the #1 guy really soon.