Week 4 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our offense is one of the worst RIGHT NOW, but we have a large enough sample size to know it's unlikely to stay that way and it will at the very least be a top 12-15 type of offense in terms of efficiency. But will that start this week or will we have to wait a few more weeks until that happens?

The five man fronts are going to be used by more defenses but Shanny has counters for that so I'm looking forward to see what he does this week. A big factor for the Rams this season opposed to the past is that they have Wagner now and he knows our offense very well and has always been a step ahead. But taking advantage of their backers in coverage is the way this offense is going to move the ball through the air. 

Agree. The weak point on the Rams D is the LB group. Ultimately, this needs to be a Kittle/Deebo game. I still se 30-40 rush attempts and think that Mason gets more usage in this one. They need to be able to change pace from JWJ. The O line is going to be in hold on mode. So I would expect high percentage quick throws, but they will need to test down the field because eventually the quick read/timing route will be taken away and Jimmy will have to improvise, which he struggles with. How do you balance that? Take shots. Can we see Danny Gray on the field please?

17 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Agree. The weak point on the Rams D is the LB group. Ultimately, this needs to be a Kittle/Deebo game. I still se 30-40 rush attempts and think that Mason gets more usage in this one. They need to be able to change pace from JWJ. The O line is going to be in hold on mode. So I would expect high percentage quick throws, but they will need to test down the field because eventually the quick read/timing route will be taken away and Jimmy will have to improvise, which he struggles with. How do you balance that? Take shots. Can we see Danny Gray on the field please?

I mean what is the point of Gray seeing the field when teams know Jimmy isn't going to throw it deep anyways? Sucks that he was primarily drafted to play with Lance and then he gets injured in the 2nd game.

Jimmy just has to start taking these shots when they are there for him. The way defenses are defending this offense is flat out embarrassing. Literally leaving LBs on our stud WRs and they have no fear whatsoever about getting beat over the top LOL.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean what is the point of Gray seeing the field when teams know Jimmy isn't going to throw it deep anyways? Sucks that he was primarily drafted to play with Lance and then he gets injured in the 2nd game.

Jimmy just has to start taking these shots when they are there for him. The way defenses are defending this offense is flat out embarrassing. Literally leaving LBs on our stud WRs and they have no fear whatsoever about getting beat over the top LOL.

That's the exact reason to have Gray on the field. Allow him to be a threat. It only matters if Jimmy will take the shot at the end of the day.

5 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

That's the exact reason to have Gray on the field. Allow him to be a threat. It only matters if Jimmy will take the shot at the end of the day.

The thing is we really don't even need Gray to be able to take shots. Like there were so many opportunities to go deep and Jimmy just refuses to take them. This is why what he said to the media last week was so hilarious. Like stop it, no coach is going to want to just use the middle of the field and not take advantage of the entire field lol. 

I just wish he would properly try to diagnose coverages pre-snap and see the type of match ups he has. He just gets a play called in and just decides right then and there where he is going with the ball. 

Oh well, hope he has a good game and we somehow pull this game off. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's either a crazy indictment of Jimmy, or really optimistic outlook on a guy who with limited tools and was barely draftable for the league 

I'm not sure which lol

Larry Krueger has been saying all offseason that Purdy is the better player and the much more accurate QB lol.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Larry Krueger has been saying all offseason that Purdy is the better player and the much accurate QB lol.

Everyone loves the scrappy underdog I guess. Same energy as Nick mullens is the future after the raiders game to me.

Seems wild to me. For all the random built into drafting, late round QBs being immediately ready to play isn't something you see much. Dak was a massive outlier and still a fourth round pick. I could see Purdy being good enough in a few years (though I think he caps at Colt McCoy esque), but already? That has to be an anti Jimmy thing?

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Everyone loves the scrappy underdog I guess. Same energy as Nick mullens is the future after the raiders game to me.

Seems wild to me. For all the random built into drafting, late round QBs being immediately ready to play isn't something you see much. Dak was a massive outlier and still a fourth round pick. I could see Purdy being good enough in a few years (though I think he caps at Colt McCoy esque), but already? That has to be an anti Jimmy thing?

The odds are just significantly against Purdy. Like what 7th round QB ends up having even an average career? While Jimmy has his limitations, he was still a late 2nd round pick. Purdy was essentially an UDFA. QB is the one position where you have to be drafted in the top three rounds....Just have to unless you are someone like Brady lol.

Make a list of the top 15 QBs and the only ones not drafted in the first three rounds are who...Brady and Dak? That's the list right there and we are to believe someone drafted in the late 7th round will make it in this league as an average starter? Eh........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The thing is we really don't even need Gray to be able to take shots. Like there were so many opportunities to go deep and Jimmy just refuses to take them. This is why what he said to the media last week was so hilarious. Like stop it, no coach is going to want to just use the middle of the field and not take advantage of the entire field lol. 

I just wish he would properly try to diagnose coverages pre-snap and see the type of match ups he has. He just gets a play called in and just decides right then and there where he is going with the ball. 

Oh well, hope he has a good game and we somehow pull this game off. 

I havent watched the all 22 but I have heard he missed a ton of open looks downfield, or should I say ignored....