Week 5: Bears (2-2) at VIKINGS (3-1)

swede700

Peter King, in listing defensive players of the day yesterday: "Cameron Dantzler, cornerback, Minnesota.Ā Fair to say the Vikings were nursing a 29-22 lead over Chicago in the last 70 seconds. Probably more accurate to say they were hanging on for dear life.Ā Justin FieldsĀ hit wideoutĀ Ihmir Smith-MarsetteĀ for 16 yards to the Minnesota 39-yard line, and Dantzler was single-minded as he attacked the ball in Smith-Marsetteā€™s grasp. Dantzler pried it free, recovered it, and ran it back 16 yards. The Vikings are 4-1 this morning, of course because of a passing game with multiple weapons and a good quarterback, but also because of opportunistic defensive plays like this."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/10/fmia-week-5-taysom-hill-giants-peter-king-fmia-week-5/

ok, so i followed the first half in real time, then had to leave. came back with just a few minutes left in the game. i've seen the highlights, read the play by play.

so what happened in the 3rd quarter, why were we so stale? did the coaches change the gameplan? players fail to execute? mistakes were made?

They only had one real possession in the 3rd, which ended in the blocked FG. It more that the defense couldnā€™t get off of the field. That was when they had Hunter covering Kmet on 3rd and long. The Bears figured out how to get Fields going a bit and I didnā€™t like how they were using the players.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vike daddy said:

ok, so i followed the first half in real time, then had to leave. came back with just a few minutes left in the game. i've seen the highlights, read the play by play.

so what happened in the 3rd quarter, why were we so stale? did the coaches change the gameplan? players fail to execute? mistakes were made?

You stopped watching!!Ā  It's all your fault!!!Ā Ā šŸ˜‰

• Like 1

While Dantzlerā€™s play added to a miraculous finish, the third-year corner had the full belief he could rip the ball from Smith-Marsette ā€” likely from experience.

ā€œWe kind of had intel that heā€™d be loose with the ball,ā€ Dantzler said after the game.

Thirty games into his career, Dantzler had three interceptions, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/chicago-bears-ihmir-smith-marsette-nfl/?fbclid=IwAR0AuzShZYtxxYUdGI2w1ByUaCcmxDKeUMm54JM8zK4WQUHBxu-MvEGChyY