Week 5: Bears (2-2) at VIKINGS (3-1)

swede700

Not converting those 2 field goals was pretty big. They weren't gimmes, but they were certainly makable. Game is likely different if we get those points and slow down the momentum swing. It's nice to win these games that we would typically lose in the past. What makes it even better is the packers losing! 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Won’t we just complain when a LB is inevitably covering a WR in that scenario?

There may be moments where they get got, but we’ve seen Kendricks stick with receivers this year, and Asamoah certainly has the speed and athleticism to carry a receiver down field. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Probably I always jokingly call it a "revenge game" for fringe players.

We did make Fields look good though. Ugh.

Did they? 1 touchdown and 208 yards passing isn’t what I’d call good. 

I’d say Fields was efficient, which is going to happen against a defense that is intent of keeping everything in front of them. But I think it’s a bit a stretch to say they made him look good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d say Fields was efficient, which is going to happen against a defense that is intent of keeping everything in front of them. But I think it’s a bit a stretch to say they made him look good. 

He made some really nice throws in the 2nd half and was making plays with his legs. The Bears need to spend a lot of time and money on perimeter help for Fields in the offseason.

That game-ending strip by Dantzler was hilarious. Even though he missed the tackle he didn't quit on the play.  I ALMOST feel bad for ISM.

The Vikes made the major mistake of letting the Bears get back into this game. Instead of having the wind taken out of their sails, the Bears kept playing hard because they knew they could win it. All 3 units had some serious lapses, but they played hard and it's nice to see them get another win.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fobos said:

That game-ending strip by Dantzler was hilarious. Even though he missed the tackle he didn't quit on the play.  I ALMOST feel bad for ISM.

The Vikes made the major mistake of letting the Bears get back into this game. Instead of having the wind taken out of their sails, the Bears kept playing hard because they knew they could win it. All 3 units had some serious lapses, but they played hard and it's nice to see them get another win.

What's most unnerving is that this defensive system is specifically built to show down comeback by constantly playing with the high shell. To come back from an 18-point deficit should have taken much, much longer than it did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Relatively speaking, isn’t that one of his best stat lines this year. Maybe career, I don’t know. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Duluther said:

What's most unnerving is that this defensive system is specifically built to show down comeback by constantly playing with the high shell. To come back from an 18-point deficit should have taken much, much longer than it did.

Seems Chicago was gifted good field position on multiple occasions due to ST mishaps like the punt and the missed field goals. 

• Like 1

Next Gen stat of the game: Kirk Cousins completed his first 17 pass attempts as the Vikings scored three touchdowns in the first half. Taking into account the difficulty of each throw, Cousins had just a 1.3% chance of completing all 17 passes.

NFL Research: Justin Jefferson has tied Hall of Famers Randy Moss and Lance Alworth for the most games (six) with 150-plus receiving yards in a player's first three NFL seasons since at least 1950.

NFL.com