Week 5: Bears (2-2) at VIKINGS (3-1)

swede700

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

And less Danielle Hunter in coverage…

Yeah. I wasn’t able to watch the whole game today, so I don’t know if there was anything specific you’re referring too, but over the first 5 weeks I’m very surprised at how much they drop him back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Yeah. I wasn’t able to watch the whole game today, so I don’t know if there was anything specific you’re referring too, but over the first 5 weeks I’m very surprised at how much they drop him back. 

They had him in coverage on a TE on at least one 3rd and long. Just not putting players in a position to do what they do best.

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think I’d start with more snaps for Asamoah. That speed is sorely needed. 

Over Hicks or Kendricks. Not sure I agree. Take out Hunter or Smith, not sure I agree either. Hunter shouldn’t be in coverage though but that’s just what the defense is now, might see more of that. The DL and secondary isn’t good and I’m not sure there is a fix to scheme that better at this point. Mobile QBs seem to have a field day and it’s hard to trust any CB on the defense at this stage. 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Over Hicks or Kendricks. Not sure I agree. Take out Hunter or Smith, not sure I agree either. Hunter shouldn’t be in coverage though but that’s just what the defense is now, might see more of that. The DL and secondary isn’t good and I’m not sure there is a fix to scheme that better at this point. Mobile QBs seem to have a field day and it’s hard to trust any CB on the defense at this stage. 

Given how well Kendricks and Hicks seem to be handling coverage, I’d throw out some packages that put Asamoah on the field over Sullivan. 

My impression of the D 1st half was favorable, but they weren't dominating.   The 3rd quarter, adjustments were made by Chicago and Fields had a much better 2nd half, but the big culprit was Montgomery.   He almost destroyed the Vikes.    If it weren't for two offensive and one defensive penalties committed by the Bears, the Vikings would've lost that game.   

I've always liked when the Vikings played against Donatell's defenses.   Yes, this talent needs to play better going forward or this team will start losing these types of games.  

32 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

My impression of the D 1st half was favorable, but they weren't dominating.   The 3rd quarter, adjustments were made by Chicago and Fields had a much better 2nd half, but the big culprit was Montgomery.   He almost destroyed the Vikes.    If it weren't for two offensive and one defensive penalties committed by the Bears, the Vikings would've lost that game.   

I've always liked when the Vikings played against Donatell's defenses.   Yes, this talent needs to play better going forward or this team will start losing these types of games.  

Ultimately seems the offense should set the tone. They did early and sputtered. We need a lot more from this offense with how unreliable the defense is, which again shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. 

• Like 1