Week 5: Bears (2-2) at VIKINGS (3-1)

swede700

Game 5

NFL_Bears1.gifat NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&he

When:  1:00 PM EST October 9th

Where: US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); 

Announcers:  Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink (TV);  Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2022/05-FOX-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: WR Jailen Nailor (hamstring), CB Andrew Booth, Jr (quad), Doubtful: None, Out: TE Ben Ellefson (groin)

Bears - Questionable: RB David Montgomery (ankle), Doubtful: CB Jaylon Johnson (quad), DB Dane Cruikshank (hamstring), Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

The Bears offense is terrible. This "should be" an easy win. We'll see. It is a divided house game for my sister and her husband, I wonder what their bet will be?

Our defense is closer to terrible then good, so I wouldn’t go as far as calling this an easy win. As long as the offense keeps settling for field goals, every game will be close.

• Like 1

Bears left guard Cody Whitehair will miss “some time” with a knee injury, coach Matt Eberflus announced Monday. Eberflus did not elaborate on whether the team will place Whitehair on injured reserve, but it seems likely. Injured reserve requires a player to miss a minimum of four games before returning to the active roster.

Eberflus: “Cody’s going to miss some time. He has a knee injury. We’re not exactly what that timeframe is right now. But going forward, we’ll be with that same lineup that we had, so we’ll see where that goes. But, yeah, the guy’s started 99 games and has missed two during that career, so you talk about tough. A guy that really shows Chicago Bear toughness. That’s Cody Whitehair. We’re going to miss him for a little bit of time.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/03/cody-whitehairs-knee-injury-will-sideline-him-for-some-time/

This game will be a test on both sides of the ball. The Bears offensive line is terrible so there is no excuse for not getting pressure on Fields all day. The first 4 games saw the Defense against some solid QBs and O-lines which may be why the pressure and sack numbers isn't where we all want it to be.

On Defense, the run D will be tested again and again. The Bears have had some success running against teams and the Vikings have been poor at best at stopping the run. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wundy said:

This game will be a test on both sides of the ball. The Bears offensive line is terrible so there is no excuse for not getting pressure on Fields all day. The first 4 games saw the Defense against some solid QBs and O-lines which may be why the pressure and sack numbers isn't where we all want it to be.

On Defense, the run D will be tested again and again. The Bears have had some success running against teams and the Vikings have been poor at best at stopping the run. 

Run the ball and stop the run!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Are we technically in 1st place because we beat the Packers head to head?

Due to tiebreakers, yes. While its still early, this game could be very important for us to win, and more than likely, any chance at the division means we'll have to beat the Bears twice.

I think this game comes down to the wire...again. Skol!

• Like 1

Every fiber in my body says this one should be a walk in the park.   BUT!  remember all those flame-out losses?   Buffalo in Minny during Josh Allen's rookie season?   Dallas last year for Cooper Rush's first start?

As long as this team keeps focused and improves each week, I like their chances.   The offense needs to bring it . . . The Bear's defense isn't a slouch.