Week 5: Bears (2-2) at VIKINGS (3-1)

swede700

Minnesota listed three players on its first injury report of Week 5:

Cornerback Cameron Dantzler, Sr., fully participated despite a hip injury.

Cornerback Andrew Booth, Jr., was limited because of a quadriceps injury he's been rehabbing since Week 1.

Outside linebacker Za'Darius Smith (knee) was limited. Smith suffered the injury in Week 3 but played sparingly in Week 4 against the Saints. He recorded a sack early against New Orleans.

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-bears-initial-week-5-injury-report?fbclid=IwAR00uy6oifve-IIaJ9oBNWPYxNLHN7zb2eAXSItgQta6WXHeJ4PGsEPaFtg

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not sure if it matters because that's a whole new coaching staff, right?

He was there through August, so he was there through the new staff's training camp...he probably knows better what the Bears are doing than the Falcons, since he was only in Atlanta for barely a month and was just on the PS.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

No love for Bobby Douglas????

I didn't watch him play, but according to his "box score", he could run and that's it...and when you basically have 2 picks for every TD you throw, that probably wouldn't be considered effective.  

On 10/5/2022 at 1:51 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

header.png

Screenshot-2022-10-05-at-16-33-57-NFL-Fo

1.png

1-2.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

The Bears staff have been disappointing so far but if there's any silver lining it's the half time adjustments made on both sides of the ball.  There's a night and day difference on defense. They're 30th in the league in the 1H and 6th in the 2H. This shows up on tape too. 

The offense is 27th in the 1H and 19th in the 2H, and while this still isn't good, but if the staff could manage to end the year with the 19th best offense in the league with this roster then that would be considered a success IMO.

If there was any game to use as a case study it would be this one. I don't expect the Bears to win but halftime adjustments could play a big factor. The Vikings offense play well in the 1H (8th) but are stagnant in the 2H (26th). Looking at our defense, it suggests the Vikings offense may score at will in the first half but die down in the 2nd. This may give our offense a chance to get back in the game--even though that seems to be asking alot and I would feel better about this if Monty and Jaylon are able to play.

I never want the Bears to lose but part of me wants to see the Vikings win just stay above the Packers in the NFCN lol.