2022 GDT Week Five Da 1-3 Steelers Visit the 3-1 Bills

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Who should be the answer?  Like these things I excuse a little better, but Smith should have told him call for a fair catch and get under it.  Austin, Gunner, Sims are all out and you don't really practice kick returns with that much depth.

Diontae was literally a KR in college. His job is to handle the football. He does it daily. So is Pickens, Claypool, hell…put Benny Snell back there. 

Making your emergency kick returner someone who doesn’t touch the football on a daily basis nor has a history doing so is a little thing I wouldn’t forgive. It’s stupid and the result proved that. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Diontae was literally a KR in college. His job is to handle the football. He does it daily. So is Pickens, Claypool, hell…put Benny Snell back there. 

Making your emergency kick returner someone who doesn’t touch the football on a daily basis nor has a history doing so is a little thing I wouldn’t forgive. It’s stupid and the result proved that. 

Agree on Snell.  My best guess would be DJ, Pickens, Claypool aren't in ST meetings so they don't know the blocking schemes.