2022 GDT Week Five Da 1-3 Steelers Visit the 3-1 Bills

Steeler Hitman

9 hours ago, AFF said:

Yep.

5-12 or 6-11 season incoming.

Good. We need a high pick. But sadly a lot of people will use this as fodder to fire Tomlin (wrongly) using a single losing season and recent playoff losses (don’t look at mid 90’s Cowher then) as the reason. On top of that the last time we had a top 10 pick without trading into it was Plaxico Burress in 2000. There’s literally people old enough to drink that weren’t born the last time that happened. No other franchise can say that. 

I wouldn’t really mind is an ailment hurting Minkah landed him on the IR too. 

This is a good year to have a non-QB premium position need IMO. I think this class has 2 elite LTs, 2 elite CBs and 2 elite pass rushers. I think the pass rusher is more a luxury than the other two but there’s no pressing need to have to get them because of the 3 potential early QB picks. That’s basically your top 10. I lick my lips thinking we can end up top 5, move to 6-10, get extra picks, and fill a position of need. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Good. We need a high pick. But sadly a lot of people will use this as fodder to fire Tomlin (wrongly) using a single losing season and recent playoff losses (don’t look at mid 90’s Cowher then) as the reason. On top of that the last time we had a top 10 pick without trading into it was Plaxico Burress in 2000. There’s literally people old enough to drink that weren’t born the last time that happened. No other franchise can say that. 

I wouldn’t really mind is an ailment hurting Minkah landed him on the IR too. 

This is a good year to have a non-QB premium position need IMO. I think this class has 2 elite LTs, 2 elite CBs and 2 elite pass rushers. I think the pass rusher is more a luxury than the other two but there’s no pressing need to have to get them because of the 3 potential early QB picks. That’s basically your top 10. I lick my lips thinking we can end up top 5, move to 6-10, get extra picks, and fill a position of need. 

We’re gonna agree on them needing an elite talent draft pick wise.

Were going to strongly disagree with each other on the Tomlin aspect…but we’ve had that discussion before.

Cowher 96-04: 5 playoff trips, 1 win, 2 losing seasons, 87-40-1; 0.685 record

Noll 80-91: 4 playoff trips, 2 wins, 4 losing seasons, 93-91; 0.505 record

Tomlin 11-21: 7 playoff trips, 1 win, 0 losing seasons, 111-64-2; 0.634 record

Cowher and Noll were not fired for that, neither should Tomlin.

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

At least Buffalo doesn’t run a lot. That’s where Edmunds loss will probably be most felt. Norwood can cover, or has at least shown flashes. 

It’s the bad don’t run a lot too.  I have their RB for fantasy, and he’s been good because he gets chunk yards.

But in a real sense, they need a legit RB to help Allen. Or legit running game. The Chiefs need to commit to doing that too.  Locked on was mentioning that the league is going back to a balanced run/pass type league.

54 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Cowher 96-04: 5 playoff trips, 1 win, 2 losing seasons, 87-40-1; 0.685 record

Noll 80-91: 4 playoff trips, 2 wins, 4 losing seasons, 93-91; 0.505 record

Tomlin 11-21: 7 playoff trips, 1 win, 0 losing seasons, 111-64-2; 0.634 record

Cowher and Noll were not fired for that, neither should Tomlin.

I’m well aware of the bulk stats…I’m also aware of they kept Cowher for too long and Tomlin was the perfect hire to replace Cowher.

Cowher got stale…all HCs eventually wear out their welcome, from Payton with the Saints, to Carrol with the Hawks and soon to be Beleichick with the Pats…it’s just that time for Tomlin as well…I’ve said it for a few years honestly.

A great HC doesn’t go 3-7 in the last decade in the playoffs…and no wins in the playoffs for(going to be) 6 years.

We are just at the point of agreeing to disagree…if you want to continue on this, go ahead, I won’t be responding.

1 hour ago, AFF said:

I’m well aware of the bulk stats…I’m also aware of they kept Cowher for too long and Tomlin was the perfect hire to replace Cowher.

Cowher got stale…all HCs eventually wear out their welcome, from Payton with the Saints, to Carrol with the Hawks and soon to be Beleichick with the Pats…it’s just that time for Tomlin as well…I’ve said it for a few years honestly.

A great HC doesn’t go 3-7 in the last decade in the playoffs…and no wins in the playoffs for(going to be) 6 years.

We are just at the point of agreeing to disagree…if you want to continue on this, go ahead, I won’t be responding.

I, personally, wouldn’t look to move on from Tomlin after any result of this year, but I do agree we need to stop looking at his past record when considering his future. 

I think it’s fair to question whether or not he is the right guy for a transitional period. I do think he fumbled the handling of the QB position, which is his first big non-Ben decision. This year won’t mean much, but next year should

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I, personally, wouldn’t look to move on from Tomlin after any result of this year, but I do agree we need to stop looking at his past record when considering his future. 

I think it’s fair to question whether or not he is the right guy for a transitional period. I do think he fumbled the handling of the QB position, which is his first big non-Ben decision. This year won’t mean much, but next year should

Big time agree. This year is a transition. Next year is the year. We need to be a winning team next year, and I honestly think  we will. But I’m a homer. 

• Like 3