The Witcher series (New spin-offs announced)

Kiltman

Guess Witcher III was prior to the new forum move. But some new info today in their long term look ahead.

HQK3nq4.jpg

Sounds like a smaller indie style game coming sooner

fA9WAq0.jpg
The studio made The Flame and the Flood, a top down procedural generated game with crafting.

New Trilogy confirmed

H9VG5Hi.jpg
Going off the announced Witcher IV, two more games are planned 3 and 6 years after release. All built in Unreal Engine 5, which should help alleviate some hiccups Cyberpunk had.

Witcher spin-off game

oaHfuTB.jpg

Seems a lot like Fallout New Vegas, former devs coming back to the franchise.

On top of Witcher stuff they announced a Cyberpunk sequel and a new third IP they are incubating

sknolEb.jpg

It will be ages before the next Cyberpunk comes out.  I'm confident they can nail the sequel though.  One of my favorite games of the last decade yet still has so much room for improvement. 

I'm a bit more nervous about another Witcher trilogy.  I mean it will be a Day 1 purchase regardless but they have a lot and I mean a LOT to live up to considering the world of Witcher 3 is freakin' awesome.  Shouldn't be too hard to improve on the gameplay/fighting mechanics, but will be difficult to replace a protagonist as good as Geralt was.

I'm glad the plan is to release all 3 in a 6-year window.  

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It will be ages before the next Cyberpunk comes out.  I'm confident they can nail the sequel though.  One of my favorite games of the last decade yet still has so much room for improvement. 

I'm a bit more nervous about another Witcher trilogy.  I mean it will be a Day 1 purchase regardless but they have a lot and I mean a LOT to live up to considering the world of Witcher 3 is freakin' awesome.  Shouldn't be too hard to improve on the gameplay/fighting mechanics, but will be difficult to replace a protagonist as good as Geralt was.

Wonder how big the studio is now. Hope Cyberpunk 2 isn’t after all the Witcher games. 

But definitely looking forward to it

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I mean it will be a Day 1 purchase regardless

I'd avoid a Day 1 purchase... between CyberPunk and Witcher 3, they've shown they don't know how to release a functional game. Eventually they turn out great, but the launches are ROUGH

Edited by Heimdallr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I am guessing it'll be Ciri based, which I am fine with to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I've been holding off another play through till PS5 version

This is my thing. I played it in 2020 and last year and almost finished, but ended up taking a break, and said I would finish it on the PS5 version. Here we are more than a year later after delays.... I will prob start the whole game over again.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I am guessing it'll be Ciri based, which I am fine with to be honest. 

Ciri could appear in the game. But we know that the game is following the story of a new different Witcher. Something which Ciri is not. So she won't be the main character.

A character I'd bet my kidney on making an appearance at some point, perhaps the DLC would be Gaunter O'Dimm, and I can't wait for it.

17 hours ago, Kiltman said:
21 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Expand  

Wonder how big the studio is now. Hope Cyberpunk 2 isn’t after all the Witcher games. 

But definitely looking forward to it

Got our answer 

https://www.eurogamer.net/cyberpunk-2077-team-relocating-to-boston-for-sequel

New studio in Boston being built within CDPR to make Cyberpunk. Still a ways but looking more like 2026-2027 than like 2031 or longer.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Ciri could appear in the game. But we know that the game is following the story of a new different Witcher. Something which Ciri is not. So she won't be the main character.

A character I'd bet my kidney on making an appearance at some point, perhaps the DLC would be Gaunter O'Dimm, and I can't wait for it.

I could have missed it. Is that confirmed?