2022 QB Rankings (by the numbers, week 13)

RandyMossIsBoss

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

His career is so damn non sensical, man. Like, he's not as bad as everyone on here likes to make it seem like he is, but he's also not as good as some of these numbers suggest....and yet, he pretty consistently puts up rankings that look like that lol

Give me an elite OL, coach, CMAC, Deebo, Ayiuk, and Kittle and I'd cook too.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Give me an elite OL, coach, CMAC, Deebo, Ayiuk, and Kittle and I'd cook too.

He's never had an elite offensive line. Not as pass blockers. In 2019 Staley only played 7 games and McGlinchey, who's not very good, missed 4 during those games as well. He was running with an offensive line of Skule and Brunskill playing tackle for a few games with Mike Person at guard. He's had a revolving door at center. Last year McG missed half the year and Tom Compton was the starter.  This year Trent has missed games, their backup tackle has been out for over a month and they were forced to start Jaylon Moore at one point, and their interior offensive line is Jake Brendel, a rookie 4th round pick in Spencer Burford, and Aaron Banks, who barely played a snap last year. 

He's had CMC for 1.5 games. He did 2019 without Aiyuk and Deebo wasn't really Deebo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

He's never had an elite offensive line. Not as pass blockers. In 2019 Staley only played 7 games and McGlinchey, who's not very good, missed 4 during those games as well. He was running with an offensive line of Skule and Brunskill playing tackle for a few games with Mike Person at guard. He's had a revolving door at center. Last year McG missed half the year and Tom Compton was the starter.  This year Trent has missed games, their backup tackle has been out for over a month and they were forced to start Jaylon Moore at one point, and their interior offensive line is Jake Brendel, a rookie 4th round pick in Spencer Burford, and Aaron Banks, who barely played a snap last year. 

He's had CMC for 1.5 games. He did 2019 without Aiyuk and Deebo wasn't really Deebo. 

I'm teasing you, lol. Jimmy G is solid though, seems to be a good leader in the locker room as well. Not a guy that's going to win you games with his individual performance very often but he's also not a guy that's going to lose you games either. The fact that in the two years he was healthy you went to the SB and NFC championship says it all. If we move on from Carr I hope we sign him, lol.

• Like 1

The only post about Tua being number one is an excited Dolphins fan? Tua is number one. First place. Over Mahomes and Allen. Not 18th or whatever almost everyone ranked him before the year. Tua Tagovailoa is first in every category listed. I think that deserves some recognition. Mike McDaniel has done a phenominal job. Tua has silenced critics and deserves love. The Tyreek trade looks like a slam dunk. Waddle has impressed. Congratulations to Tua, hope he keeps it up people will have to recognize his accomplishments eventually.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm teasing you, lol. Jimmy G is solid though, seems to be a good leader in the locker room as well. Not a guy that's going to win you games with his individual performance very often but he's also not a guy that's going to lose you games either. The fact that in the two years he was healthy you went to the SB and NFC championship says it all. If we move on from Carr I hope we sign him, lol.

It's just so weird, man. I mean I watch him all the time...and I've been the king of the "eh, he's fine" bandwagon...even during the super bowl year and I just don't get it. It's like he does 2 things well, but he does them well enough that it somehow cancels out all the crap (which there is a lot of) that he can't do lol 

At least until the playoffs. Then it gets tight and he gets throttled 

Just now, Forge said:

It's just so weird, man. I mean I watch him all the time...and I've been the king of the "eh, he's fine" bandwagon...even during the super bowl year and I just don't get it. It's like he does 2 things well, but he does them well enough that it somehow cancels out all the crap (which there is a lot of) that he can't do lol 

At least until the playoffs. Then it gets tight and he gets throttled 

I still can't believe he barely completed his first pass to the outside of 30+ air yards against the Rams and CMAC had one as well, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The only post about Tua being number one is an excited Dolphins fan? Tua is number one. First place. Over Mahomes and Allen. Not 18th or whatever almost everyone ranked him before the year. Tua Tagovailoa is first in every category listed. I think that deserves some recognition. Mike McDaniel has done a phenominal job. Tua has silenced critics and deserves love. The Tyreek trade looks like a slam dunk. Waddle has impressed. Congratulations to Tua, hope he keeps it up people will have to recognize his accomplishments eventually.

Tua has been very good but they've beat up on terrible teams the last few weeks.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Tua has been very good but they've beat up on terrible teams the last few weeks.

Tua: Patriots, Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Lions and Bears.

Hurts: Lions, Vikings, Commanders, Jaguars, Cardinals, Cowboys, Steelers, Texans.

Tua has missed time with the scary injury, but he also hasn't lost. It deserves more acknowledgment.

10 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Tua: Patriots, Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Lions and Bears.

Hurts: Lions, Vikings, Commanders, Jaguars, Cardinals, Cowboys, Steelers, Texans.

Tua has missed time with the scary injury, but he also hasn't lost. It deserves more acknowledgment.

Tua has been excellent, I agree. I didn't think he'd be able to sustain two elite WR's producing at a high level but he has balled this year.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Does he just never throw deep? What do you think happens for you guys at QB going forward?

Not a lot. When he does, it's usually between the numbers. I feel like he's been a little more aggressive downfield this year and it hasn't really worked, but because he's doing it more often, teams have to somewhat account for it, which helps underneath. 

He does kill the intermediate part of the field though. 15-20 yards.  He's pretty accurate, but more importantly, he has to be one of the most aggressive middle of the field throwers in the league. And I say that as a compliment. It's one of his best traits...like he will bury a ball in there with some tight coverage when needed to. I think that's why even though everyone in the league knows he's going to throw there, the league hasn't been able to stop it consistently. There are games where he struggles, of course (especially against a quality defense), but he's pretty efficient, which means that it's kind of difficult to shut down completely. But it's like he does that one thing so well that it just makes up for all of his other flaws. It's so weird lol (obviously having Shanny scheme open some of this stuff helps considerably). 

Jimmy can't be tagged next year and the team doesn't have a ton of money yet, so I think he's gone. A lot of teams could use him so there's really no reason at all that he shouldn't hit the market. The 49ers will bring in someone else to backup Lance, I would assume. I don't think that bringing in guys like Rodgers or Brady is likely or anything. Some people think they'll bring in a vet to back him up and hedge their bets like they did this year (Mike Silver suggested they will bring in someone like Matt Ryan), but I think they may look at someone like Sam Darnold, who should be insanely cheap and I the team was linked to as a possible trade partner with when he was a Jet. If he has to play a game or two in Shanny's system its probably not the worst thing for the team and he may get an opportunity to show out and cash out like Trubisky did after signing for a year in Buffalo on the cheap. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmy can't be tagged next year and the team doesn't have a ton of money yet, so I think he's gone. A lot of teams could use him so there's really no reason at all that he shouldn't hit the market. The 49ers will bring in someone else to backup Lance, I would assume. I don't think that bringing in guys like Rodgers or Brady is likely or anything. Some people think they'll bring in a vet to back him up and hedge their bets like they did this year (Mike Silver suggested they will bring in someone like Matt Ryan), but I think they may look at someone like Sam Darnold, who should be insanely cheap and I the team was linked to as a possible trade partner with when he was a Jet. If he has to play a game or two in Shanny's system its probably not the worst thing for the team and he may get an opportunity to show out and cash out like Trubisky did after signing for a year in Buffalo on the cheap. 

He seems like a logical guy to replace Carr if we move on considering his ties to JMD and our GM from their days together in New England. There won't be any shortage of potential QB's on the market this offseason with Brady, Mayfield, Darnold, Bridgewater, Keenum, Rudolph, Brissett, Dalton, and Heinicke all set to hit free agency.