Which is the better action series through 3 movies?

beekay414

Which is better?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Better Franchise through 3 movies?

• The Bourne Series (Bourne Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum)
    • The John Wick Series (John Wick, Chapter 2, Parabellum)

For me, it's the Bourne series. The story and film aspect was just better. I was enthralled by John Wick and the badassery behind the story but Bourne just being someone an entire government was worried about carries more water for me. Plus, the whole "I don't know who I am" aspect makes it more interesting.

• Like 2

Too much high level conspiracy turns me off. A simple revenge story is almost always better to me. 
So I liked the first Jon wick the best. I disliked the 2nd because it should’ve been a prequel. The Russian boss even alluded to the “impossible tasks” he gave wick to do in the first flick. The 3rd was ok, with some terrific fight scenes. 

I don’t think I’ve seen 2 of the Bourne movies, or if I did, I can’t tell them apart. I know I saw the first one, and it’s good, but it’s just not my thing. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

The Bourne series is great for people who think you can find high art in the action genre and who really like music videos.

It is the single most damaging series of films for any genre, and anyone who likes it should feel bad.

It’s a sorry excuse for a series of films and it led to the demise of the Die Hard series as well as the nausea inducing trend of shaky cameras somehow convincing people that shaky cameras is awesome.

I have zero respect for any Bourne fanboys, and anytime someone tells me they like the Bourne series I know that they are dumb.

**** your shaky cam poor man’s Tony Scott wannabe Greengrass. You’re a hack. Tony Scott also sucked, but he sucked a little less than you.

It’s a ****ing movie. It’s not supposed to feel real. If I wanted to get dizzy and nauseous I’d spin around a ****ing baseball bat.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Bourne series is great for people who think you can find high art in the action genre and who really like music videos.

It is the single most damaging series of films for any genre, and anyone who likes it should feel bad.

It’s a sorry excuse for a series of films and it led to the demise of the Die Hard series as well as the nausea inducing trend of shaky cameras somehow convincing people that shaky cameras is awesome.

I have zero respect for any Bourne fanboys, and anytime someone tells me they like the Bourne series I know that they are dumb.

**** your shaky cam poor man’s Tony Scott wannabe Greengrass. You’re a hack. Tony Scott also sucked, but he sucked a little less than you.

It’s a ****ing movie. It’s not supposed to feel real. If I wanted to get dizzy and nauseous I’d spin around a ****ing baseball bat.

lol go touch yourself to The Thing some more. 

• Like 1