Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Staley built reputation as DC with Rams when they had NFL's #1 defense in 2020. Barry was the Asst. HC/LB coach.  Before that, his NFL resume is a little thin. Bears OLB coach 2017 and 2018, Broncos OLB coach in 2019. As HC his defenses have been no better than Barry's here. Just wonder if he's as highly regarded around the NFL as a lot of people think. 

I'm not a Staley fan at all. Agree he came out nowhere, I think we'd end with more of the saem Barry style defence. Trouble is MLF is a fan of bringing in his mates. I reckon McDermott will get the sack, especially after that Tyler Dunne piece, and I wouldn't mind him as a DC here if we went down the route of wanting established DCs.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We don't know that. If there's someone out there Rodgers would rather have as HC, they'll fire Saleh for sure.

Rodgers and Hackett sitting in a tree K I S S I N G

Rodgers loves Hackett, Hackett loves Rodgers.

New HC new OC. Not gonna happen while (GM/Owner/Anti-Vaxer) Aaron Rodgers is in town.

9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hes one of the first you think of as a natural reaction, but do you want someone who already told you no? Does he really want to be here?

Who cares. He's a pro, if he says yes he'll put the work and he has the tools to be a good DC. Time changes everything.

I dont see MLF bringing in a veteran DC that has HC experience.   Too much risk of that DC being a stronger personality and influence and if things dont go well record wise, having a viable interim HC in house on staff doesn’t seem like something MLF would do.  

9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hes one of the first you think of as a natural reaction, but do you want someone who already told you no? Does he really want to be here?

I'm not convinced Leonhard is the right guy, but him taking a pass the last time around shouldn't remove him from consideration.

13 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Rodgers and Hackett sitting in a tree K I S S I N G

Rodgers loves Hackett, Hackett loves Rodgers.

New HC new OC. Not gonna happen while (GM/Owner/Anti-Vaxer) Aaron Rodgers is in town.

The GM Rodgers would tell his new HC pick that Hackett is the OC of the team. Easy. Look at the guaranteed HC money in this league, people would line up to be picked by Rodgers and guaranteed a 30-40m paycheck. 

Not saying it's likely, but if the Jets lose our, it could happen.

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Saleh won't go anywhere while Rodgers is about. To move on from Saleh destroys the Rodgers trade. If Saleh goes, Hackett will have to go and Rodgers will be unhappy he'll, have to learn a new offence blah blah. Now if Rodgers is wank next year then Salah will get canned but not before.

Hackett is going to be head coach.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

I dont see MLF bringing in a veteran DC that has HC experience.   Too much risk of that DC being a stronger personality and influence and if things dont go well record wise, having a viable interim HC in house on staff doesn’t seem like something MLF would do.  

I mean, Rich B was interim HC and he was hired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We don't know that. If there's someone out there Rodgers would rather have as HC, they'll fire Saleh for sure.

I'd put about a 99% chance that Saleh is back.  There's a huge mulligan on this season for the Jets' coaching staff.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Correct.  And he was passed over for JMD who was fired less than 1.5 seasons.  If you think Bisaccia has any influence/ clout, im not site what to tell you.

And if you remember correctly, there were a LOT of players stumping for Rich B to keep the gig.  Fortunately, Mark Davis is still an idiot.

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

He has already experienced that with Mike Pettine.

Trouble is this would be his 3rd DC he has worked with and could he really gamble on a young upcoming DC, or an unknown?

Firing coordinators is a sure sign that a HC is on the hot seat.  

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

He has already experienced that with Mike Pettine.

Trouble is this would be his 3rd DC he has worked with and could he really gamble on a young upcoming DC, or an unknown?

Firing coordinators is a sure sign that a HC is on the hot seat.  

Winning eight, nine games with this young offense will give MLF job security. Doing that in spite of a defensive coordinator who refuses to stop the run, even more. The thing that would put him on the hot seat is bringing Barry back next year.