Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

Well, we all knew this team would be having ups and downs, it's just so young. I'm not really stressed by the loss - losing close games is still a loss, but it is far from a blowout.

Hopefully, as the team gets more experience, they can turn a close loss into a close win. It's all part of the learning curve for young players, as is managing when a key player or two cannot start, or gets injured in the game (Jones, Bakh, Jenkins, Watson).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Well, we all knew this team would be having ups and downs, it's just so young. I'm not really stressed by the loss - losing close games is still a loss, but it is far from a blowout.

Hopefully, as the team gets more experience, they can turn a close loss into a close win. It's all part of the learning curve for young players, as is managing when a key player or two cannot start, or gets injured in the game (Jones, Bakh, Jenkins, Watson).

Not having/losing a key player or two would probably be manageable.  However, not having THOSE 4 at the same time is a huge loss period and the offense will suffer.  Defense had to step up and didn't.  24 points is enough to win most games .. not this one though.

20 hours ago, squire12 said:

Savage needs to breakup the deep pass to Hollins ( i think it was him) on the TD drive Atlanta got in the 4th.  It was 3rd down.  Play the ball, high point it and knock it away

You know I despise Savage.

But....in all fairness....it was his elite trait, speed, that even got him close to that play.  It fooled everyone.  Dude flew over there to get close.  He just didn't seal the deal.  Just like his run support for most of the day, he was flying up there, but whiffing in big spots when we needed a high impact tackle.

A lot went wrong yesterday, but I'm not bagging on Savage for any of it.  And I'm going to give him credit for covering a lot of ground to get to that bomb in question.

19 hours ago, packfanfb said:

People keep saying Jaire would have had a pick 6. I think he gets tackled immediately by Allgier.

I thought Algier was running towards JA.  I thought that JA would have been running opposite of Algier.

If the ball had been caught, after a step or so, they would have been even.  And even is leavin'.

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Savage is a pretty bad deep safety methinks 

He is.  But I'm not going to rip him for that play.  I feel like he's a slot corner or maybe a hybrid LB.  He attacks really well.  Space?  Not so much.  I feel like there is a good player there, but not deep.  And probably not while he is with us.

19 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

They need to be able to switch this. Jaire and Campbell need to be able to swap guys post snap if Ja's guy goes outside. Don't remember what the inside guy ran, if it's dual slants you're just ****ed, but I think they tried to pick Campbell.

He's lost from the snap unless they switch. Even if he's pressed he's going to lose.

Man, I think anyone who saw that defense knew it was a slant to Bijan.  They didn't even have to pick Campbell, he was so far off.

We should have zoned up that side with that formation.  I hate zone, despise zone, but for that play and how it was set up with our guys on the field?  Zone.

13 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Yes, the “if we only made those 2 INTs” talk is way overblown.  We needed to get them off the field on that TD drive and we wasted two good opportunities to do so—one the long completion Savage failed to break up and one on the 4th down they scored on. 

We needed to get them off the field on the Falcons' last drive.  Do that and not let them get the last second FG nobody is talking about missed D opportunities.  

I could enjoy a 30 INT season from my QB.

I could enjoy an average of 17 points per game from my offense.

I could enjoy a season where we lose by 1 point on the last play every single week for 17 weeks.

I cannot enjoy consistently poor defense.

This junk has got to stop.

Whoever sat there last week and said it was a lack of player talent and poor execution...

Sit down.

Or don't watch what Rashan Gary just did or what Clark does or what even Quay has been doing this year.

It's not a lack of talent. If it was a lack of talent, Gute would have been fired three years ago.

It's a lack of execution and it's a retarded (literal, not colloquial) scheme and mentality.

Find me a defense with an elite pass rusher (Gary), an elite IDL (Clark), an elite corner (Alexander), a promising top 16 rookie edge (LVN), plus not one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE more first round picks that didn’t end up in the top 5 in the NFL or find me a new defensive coordinator. 

Joe Barry is the most offensive defensive coordinator of all time.

As offensive a defensive coordinator as Matt Patricia was offensive as an offensive offensive coordinator.

Barry somehow tricked fate itself from life as a high school motivational speaker into a legitimate role in the NFL.