Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Are we stopping the run? Are we getting off the field on 3rd down? 

Nothing has changed. The offense is more successful, giving the D a breather and eating more TOP. The defense has had some clutch 1-1 rush reps to get off the field in key moments. We're still letting teams move the ball at will.

5.9 YPC and 7-11 on 3rd downs

Nothing has changed. The offense is more successful, giving the D a breather and eating more TOP. The defense has had some clutch 1-1 rush reps to get off the field in key moments. We're still letting teams move the ball at will.

This. 

Our offense saved our defense’s a** last night. Idk why it’s hard to see. 

But apparently these teams lose their will to move the ball as they enter the RZ.  It's almost like the GB defense is designed for exactly that scenario.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Guys, it's ok to also recognize when things change...

The defense is unquestionably changed recently. Let's acknowledge it and discuss why. Denying it is just dumb.

Especially with the new looks up front.  I also think they’re playing more man coverage?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

18th in DVOA. Woohoo! That's the standard huh?

is there a way to filter DVOA based on a stretch of games?  I'd like to think we're higher than 18 over the last 5 weeks.  If we're closer to 10 how we are currently playing, and if we do get to add Jaire and Stokes (unknown on if he can still play I guess)  back this year we could potentially be a top 10 unit going into the postseason.  I'd think we can hold the 49ers under 40 points

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

But apparently these teams lose their will to move the ball as they enter the RZ.  It's almost like the GB defense is designed for exactly that scenario.

Great, I don't want that scheme please and thank you. No margin for error. We're built to stop the pass down there BTW, run the ball? You'll get little resistance to the ez.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I'd rather force punts than concede points "by design" lol

How can you play aggressively against Mahomes with those corners without constantly being exposed in the run game or QB scrambles?  I think the Defense picked their spots well last night

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There's no sense in arguing anything in this regard with you. You're biased because he was nice to you lol. They got dog-walked up and down the field but held in the RZ. That's not a good performance, that's things breaking right. 

Do people just openly forget that Kelce was left alone routinely last night? That we gave up 3rd and 18 and 3rd and 11 like we almost always do? That they punted once? That they ran the ball at a 5.9 YPC clip? They went 7-11 on 3rd down! The fact that nobody was near Noah Gray on an easy touchdown? That we had to waste TOs because he had the wrong personnel on the field? 

giphy.gif

Isn't that virtually every game in the NFL though? Seattle put up 35 points on Dallas and marched up and down on them and Dallas are a top 5 defence in both yards and points, while Seattle who are much worse team than KC in terms of offence stats. And you are moaning that the Chiefs led by Mahomes put up 19 points on us and in certain situations, we didn't do great. Big deal!

1 minute ago, LacyIsGood said:

How can you play aggressively against Mahomes with those corners without constantly being exposed in the run game or QB scrambles?  I think the Defense picked their spots well last night

I'm not asking to be over aggressive. I'm asking not to routinely give up 3rd and a ******* mile for once. And, again, it's not just a "vs Mahomes" problem. This is year 3 of Barry and it's continually the same ****.

1 minute ago, LacyIsGood said:

Why when the field shrinks and you have to tighten your coverage did we end up stopping them? Maybe the players aren't as bad as you think and the play caller should trust them??

• Like 1