How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our top 10 offense hasn't been able to outscore 24, 23, etc. lol 

Yes. Unfortunately, our #8 ranked O, is avaeraging 25 ppg.
Our #27 ranked D, is giving up 26 ppg. 

You can say lol, but scoring is down across the league. 25 ppg, is 8th LOL. 
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-points-per-game

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Now that’s crazy you’d think top 10 in scoring would yield better scoring production 

yes, you need to watch other games, and look at other teams before judging just the raiders. 
We would all like to score a TD everytime, but it just shouldnt be reasonably expected, these guys are playing professional Defenders. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yes, you need to watch other games, and look at other teams before judging just the raiders. 
We would all like to score a TD everytime, but it just shouldnt be reasonably expected, these guys are playing professional Defenders. 

I watch some games but I also don’t think other teams have as many great options on offense like we do. We arguably have a top 10 wr, te, rb, slot wr.

Def arguably top 10 de & maybe top 10 cb hm for chandler and that’s kinda it

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I watch some games but I also don’t think other teams have as many great options on offense like we do. We arguably have a top 10 wr, te, rb, slot wr.

Def arguably top 10 de & maybe top 10 cb hm for chandler and that’s kinda it

Yup, I agree that with our O and how weve spent money, we need to do better. 
Waller has been closer to our #3 TE this year then a top 10 TE so not going to count on him for much till he wakes up.

These guys are doing better on O the last 2 weeks though, hope they keep it up. 
We have a bottom 5 D, so we need a top 5 O. #8 doesnt cut it. 

We have had chances at end of every game, and while I dont expect the O to always score, they cant go 0-4 in those moments either. 
I actually have faith this team wil figure it out. 

Most talented team weve had in a long time, and they are keeping games close. Just gotta find a way to start staking wins. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This was often a viable excuse in the past but we actually have some players no D now. Crosby is a budding all-pro, Nate Hobbs is a legit CB1, Perryman is a great thumper, Chandler Jones has the ability to produce, Moehrig is a rock solid S, Ya-Sin is a serviceable vet, Abram actually has his moments now, etc.

We're not the Eagles talent level of course but on paper this Defense should be better than it has been. It's not solely on Graham but I'm not putting this on the talent level like I have in the past.

I disagree with this. Hobbs is a good player, but legit #1 corner, he's not there yet. 

The issue has been and will continue to be interior Dline. Maxx is getting doubled, sometimes triple teamed and there is nobody to clean up inside.

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yup, I agree that with our O and how weve spent money, we need to do better. 
Waller has been closer to our #3 TE this year then a top 10 TE so not going to count on him for much till he wakes up.

These guys are doing better on O the last 2 weeks though, hope they keep it up. 
We have a bottom 5 D, so we need a top 5 O. #8 doesnt cut it. 

We have had chances at end of every game, and while I dont expect the O to always score, they cant go 0-4 in those moments either. 
I actually have faith this team wil figure it out. 

Most talented team weve had in a long time, and they are keeping games close. Just gotta find a way to start staking wins. 

Before the year started so many people here swore we’d be hanging at least 30 burgers on everyone. Def is playing just like we thought.

selfish me wanted to kick the extra point just to finally get to 30 on offense 

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Before the year started so many people here swore we’d be hanging at least 30 burgers on everyone. Def is playing just like we thought.

Yes I thought the O would be better, didnt see Waller dropping so fast. need him to step up. 

Unfortunately, I thought the D would make a push to be top 20 this year, and finally get out of bottom 5. 
I hope they can figure it out a bit better, I am not satisfied with them being bottom 5, even though I agree theyve made some plays 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Yes. Unfortunately, our #8 ranked O, is avaeraging 25 ppg.
Our #27 ranked D, is giving up 26 ppg. 

You can say lol, but scoring is down across the league. 25 ppg, is 8th LOL. 
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-points-per-game

Our juggernaut offense scored 0 in the second half against Arizona, 3 in the first half against the Chargers, 10 in the first half against the Titans, and 9 in the second half against the Chiefs. With those great outputs it surely is all on the defense.

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Who expected Renfrow and Waller to both completely fall off a cliff this year?

Just now, NYRaider said:

Our juggernaut offense scored 0 in the second half against Arizona, 3 in the first half against the Chargers, 10 in the first half against the Titans, and 9 in the second half against the Chiefs. With those great outputs it surely is all on the defense.

yeah, not sure if you know this, but season stats take every game (both halfs) into consideration, so those stats you just mentioned are included in our PPG.
We are #8.

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yeah, not sure if you know this, but season stats take every game (both halfs) into consideration, so those stats you just mentioned are included in our PPG.
We are #8.

I understand how averages work. The defense has given the offense a chance to win every single week. Against the Chargers Carr took the sack on the final play, against the Cardinals Renfrow fumbled the ball, against the Titans we couldn't convert a 2P conversion, and against the Chiefs we couldn't convert a 3rd/4th and 1. In all four of those games the defense came up with a huge stop in clutch time to get us the ball back with a chance to tie or take the lead. Not sure what more you can ask for, the offense just hasn't delivered in big moments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

#20 in total tds thats not good

Against the Chargers we stopped them with 3:30 to go down by 8, turn over on downs, loss. 

Against the Cardinals we stopped them in OT with a chance to win it if we scored, Renfrow fumbled it, loss. 

Against the Titans we stopped them with 3:29 to go down by 8, we didn't convert on the 2P conversion, loss. 

Against the Chiefs we stopped them with 4:27 to go down by 1, couldn't convert a 4th and 1, loss.