How 🔥 is McDaniels Seat?

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I understand how averages work. The defense has given the offense a chance to win every single week. Against the Chargers Carr took the sack on the final play, against the Cardinals Renfrow fumbled the ball, against the Titans we couldn't convert a 2P conversion, and against the Chiefs we couldn't convert a 3rd/4th and 1. In all four of those games the defense came up with a huge stop in clutch time to get us the ball back with a chance to tie or take the lead. Not sure what more you can ask for, the offense just hasn't delivered in big moments. 

I think asking for a non bottom 5 D in PPG is fair, but to each their own. 
O needs to step up, D needs to step up. 

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Before the year started so many people here swore we’d be hanging at least 30 burgers on everyone. Def is playing just like we thought.

selfish me wanted to kick the extra point just to finally get to 30 on offense 

Right here man I I thought it was going to be pass first and pass some more. And I thought Carr was looking at 35 and 5k no prob and I expected a RZ issues fixed. 

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I think asking for a non bottom 5 D in PPG is fair, but to each their own. 
O needs to step up, D needs to step up. 

I think asking the offense to perform in clutch time is fair, the defense surely has, literally in all four of our losses. Our PPG is also skewed because Renfrow gave up 6 points in OT against the Cardinals. Raw stats only paint a broad picture, in key moments our defense has stepped up and gotten stops. The offense has crumbled in 4 straight games when we needed a big play. 

I'd expect more from the defense if we had just given out 5 All-Pro/Elite level contracts, but that was to our offense...

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

That is not, needs to be improved. 
But we are sustaining drives, and getting into fg range, at a top 5 rate in the nfl. 

So, in theory, our D should be well rested? 

I’m not really mad at our defense sure they can do better and clean some stuff 

I’d say our defense did better with way less talent vs kc than the buccs

can you say our offense did better than tb with arguably better if not equal talent?

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m not really mad at our defense sure they can do better and clean some stuff 

I’d say our defense did better with way less talent vs kc than the buccs

can you say our offense did better than tb with arguably better if not equal talent?

yes, we held the ball for 29mins compared to buccs 21. 
That is how you beat KC. 
We gave up long TD drives to them, which hurts, tires everyone out. 
The bucs had 3 rushing yards, we had 150.

Our O, kept us in the game. By keeping KC off. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I understand how averages work. The defense has given the offense a chance to win every single week. Against the Chargers Carr took the sack on the final play, against the Cardinals Renfrow fumbled the ball, against the Titans we couldn't convert a 2P conversion, and against the Chiefs we couldn't convert a 3rd/4th and 1. In all four of those games the defense came up with a huge stop in clutch time to get us the ball back with a chance to tie or take the lead. Not sure what more you can ask for, the offense just hasn't delivered in big moments. 

Offense haven’t delivered when it mattered most.

When most of the salary cap is allocated to the offensive side of the ball, us being 1-4 isn’t surprising.

Still there’s lots of posters blaming the Defensive coordinator 

We will have no choice but to stripped down the O next season

Edited by bucksavage1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

yes, we held the ball for 29mins compared to buccs 21. 
That is how you beat KC. 
We gave up long TD drives to them, which hurts, tires everyone out. 
The bucs had 3 rushing yards, we had 150.

Our O, kept us in the game. By keeping KC off. 

And the offense also played a part in our defensive struggles against the Chargers, Cardinals, and Titans with turnovers and the inability to sustain drives. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Offense haven’t delivered when it mattered most.

When most of the salary cap is allocated to the offensive side of the ball, us being 1-4 isn’t surprising.

Still there’s lots of posters blaming the Defensive coordinator 

The defense hasn't been great but they've been serviceable. Like I said, we've had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead late in all four of our losses. I think that's really all that you can ask for, especially against playoff level competition. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

And the offense also played a part in our defensive struggles against the Chargers, Cardinals, and Titans with turnovers and the inability to sustain drives. 

100% will give you the chargers game. Our O, cost us that game 100%. 

Cardinals, we got conservative, was dumb. A waller drop in endzone, or a stop on a 2 pt conversion wins it for us. Game never should have gone to OT. 

Titans, if we score the 2 point, theres still 1 min left, not sure it just automatically becomes a win, like youre trying to make it seem. Also Waller drops. But Tenn came out with what 3 straight long TD drives. This isnt the O tiring the D out, this is the D not getting off the field. (Happened in Ari, and KC too). 

KC - our D did fine, thats an incredible O once they get going. just a tough team loss. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

100% will give you the chargers game. Our O, cost us that game 100%. 

Cardinals, we got conservative, was dumb. A waller drop in endzone, or a stop on a 2 pt conversion wins it for us. Game never should have gone to OT. 

Titans, if we score the 2 point, theres still 1 min left, not sure it just automatically becomes a win, like youre trying to make it seem. Also Waller drops. But Tenn came out with what 3 straight long TD drives. This isnt the O tiring the D out, this is the D not getting off the field. (Happened in Ari, and KC too). 

KC - our D did fine, thats an incredible O once they get going. just a tough team loss. 

In all four of those games we needed a stop to have a chance to win or tie and got one. In all four of those games the offense couldn't deliver in critical moments to seal the win or tie the game. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

In all four of those games we needed a stop to have a chance to win or tie and got one. In all four of those games the offense couldn't deliver in critical moments to seal the win or tie the game. 

yes agreed, but all of that is only possible because our O had also scored enough to keep up with our D being bottom 5 in ppg.
If we were not top 8 in ppg, all of these losses are blow outs, because we give up a lot of points. (The fifth most in the league)
If our D wasnt bottom 5, maybe Ari doesnt make the come back, maybe we dont need to go for 2 against Tenn, maybe we just need to kick FGs there. 

We get stops at the end, which is great. And yes, its given us a chance. At the time I agree, its all I can ask from them, but they are still allowing way too many points. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The defense hasn't been great but they've been serviceable. Like I said, we've had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead late in all four of our losses. I think that's really all that you can ask for, especially against playoff level competition. 

100-%  facts

The defense haven’t been great but considering the resources spent on offense vs defense . You would expect the O to win the game when they had chances 

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yes agreed, but all of that is only possible because our O had also scored enough to keep up with our D being bottom 5 in ppg.
If we were not top 8 in ppg, all of these losses are blow outs, because we give up a lot of points. (The fifth most in the league)
If our D wasnt bottom 5, maybe Ari doesnt make the come back, maybe we dont need to go for 2 against Tenn, maybe we just need to kick FGs there. 

We get stops at the end, which is great. And yes, its given us a chance. At the time I agree, its all I can ask from them, but they are still allowing way too many points. 

Our top 8 offense can’t score consistently we should be able to put up points in every qtr even if it’s a fg. we have too many top 10 targets on offense not to. Besides buff who in the afc has more targets than us. No reason we don’t score half the sd or Ariz game. Tenn I’ll give offense a pass. Even vs den defense had to score cause the offense took a few series off. 

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

100-%  facts

The defense haven’t been great but considering the resources spent on offense vs defense . You would expect the O to win the game when they had chances 

We are not a bottom 10 team in D spending though. 
https://overthecap.com/defensive-spending-nfl-preseason-2022#:~:text=The average team invests %24102,million being spent on defense.
Card, panthers, cowboys, commanders, cheifs, lions, giants, falcons, texans, bears are all cheaper Ds then ours. 

I dont think the money thing works this year, we spent.