State of the Steelers

warfelg

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Hopefully, as you said, it has void years after the 1st.

or if he is a rotational player on the decline, that will reflect in the cap hit

https://steelersnow.com/former-steelers-olb-bud-dupree-signs-with-la-chargers/

Khan not offering another colbert RD1 pick a 2nd chance is telling. I think colberts players will be gone in the next few years with only a few remaining

I noticed there wasn't much information released regarding Holcomb's knee. Is it optional for teams to release this info?  People in the media are saying it's more than just and ACL, but it's anyones guess what else is wrong. Either way, the ILB additions were a good move because of the Holcomb injury, lets hope the cures doesn't continue at ILB though. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Khan not offering another colbert RD1 pick a 2nd chance is telling.

No just means he didn’t want to go 2 years or $6mm GTD, which is good business.

Posted (edited)

Interesting stat on todays Locked On:

Week 1-9 Steelers were 31st in yards before contact in the run game. 

Week 10-18 Steelers were 7th in yards before contact in the run game. 

That’s roughly when Okorafor was benched for Jones. 

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 9:22 AM, Chieferific said:

I keep seeing this. Who is the route God? 

Personal trainer/coach with a focus on footwork. Works with DBs and WRs, most notably for us Diontae Johnson. 

This is big, for me at least, because I do not take Pickens as a very serious person. I don't like to make assumptions about workout habits on guys based on social media clips, but I don't remember seeing any from him before. And that doesn't mean much, but when you pair that with rumors that he didn't know about Matt Canada's monday firing until Wednesday when he was back in the building I question how interested he is in football. 

So for me, seeing a dude go work on the biggest negative in his game so far and to do it in a year that he is going to be the unquestioned top dog on a team stocking up on 4's and 5's....i think this clip was awesome. 

• Like 2