State of the Steelers

warfelg

53 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

Just booked my flights to make my first pilgrimage from the UK to see Steelers v Rams on October 22nd, literally can't wait 😁

congrats

You'll probably be surrounded by Steelers fans. expecting us to take over that stadium. 

• Like 1

•  
  •  

DT Cameron Heyward (groin) will miss Monday's game and will require surgery, Tomlin said.

is this season ending ?  If Larry O and Cam are out, we will find out for sure without question just how capable Loudermilk and Adams are.  Leal is out too, so expect Loudermilk and Adams to get most of the snaps.  No longer rotational DL with 2 players already gone and another with a nagging injury. 

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:
  •  
  •  
  •  

is this season ending ?  If Larry O and Cam are out, we will find out for sure without question just how capable Loudermilk and Adams are.  Leal is out too, so expect Loudermilk and Adams to get most of the snaps.  No longer rotational DL with 2 players already gone and another with a nagging injury. 

8 weeks.  He will be on IR

30 minutes ago, 43M said:

Well....we are about to find out what Leal is made of.

nope, he's out with tricep injury. We are about to find out what some here know, that Loudermilk isn't the answer , neither is Adams.  

I hope Marshall will get a chance. I don't expect a vet to get signed to fill in for 8 weeks. Suh and or Joseph would be players I would consider, much better vs the run which will be an issue vs some teams. Not ideal, but considering our injuries  what else can they do? 

I'm telling you the issue at punter is they keep grabbing strong legged punters thinking Gum Jaw can make them a target punter. 

PHIII would be best if you stopped asking him to pin returners along the sideline and tell him to just boom it when deep in our own zone, and launch it high when there's less space.  We're one of the last few teams that still ask punters to corner pin it.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

I'm telling you the issue at punter is they keep grabbing strong legged punters thinking Gum Jaw can make them a target punter. 

PHIII would be best if you stopped asking him to pin returners along the sideline and tell him to just boom it when deep in our own zone, and launch it high when there's less space.  We're one of the last few teams that still ask punters to corner pin it.  

as long as Chew' runs the ST, can we expect anything good at all vs legit ST? It seems almost as bad as canada 

it's early, but between how the team looked unprepared, bad offence and ST, maybe next year will bring some changes. Of ocurse thats only possible if we miss the playoffs. Get into the post season and everyone has their job once again.   Job security - just be above .500. 

Imagine a surgeon only needing to be right about half the time, would you keep going there?

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-takeaways-secret-weapon-against-edge-rushers/

maybe Mt. Washington could be a reserve OT.   They need to get him more involved IMO, passes or run blocking, he needs more snaps

This. There is no reason Washington should not be on the field for 70%+ snaps. He is an elite and dominant blocker already.

54 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

This. There is no reason Washington should not be on the field for 70%+ snaps. He is an elite and dominant blocker already.

maybe he will be a TE turned OT in a few years , a new hybrid.   When this team is winning , #80 will be getting targets and more snaps, mark it down. 

Perhaps the more important question is if he can play DL if we keep losing players or players are in bad condition.  DL got thin after one week.

On 9/15/2023 at 7:12 AM, warfelg said:

Maybe if we fired Danny Smith years ago like we should have, this wouldn't be an issue.

Holding onto terrible and mediocre coaches is kind of our thang, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

Maybe if we fired Danny Smith years ago like we should have, this wouldn't be an issue.

Holding onto terrible and mediocre coaches is kind of our thang, though.

While I wouldn’t mind seeing him gone - that still doesn’t explain the difference between what he wants in a punter and what we bring in to work with.