State of the Steelers

warfelg

Far be it from me to ever say that we should look at the Raiders ownership for guidance in how we should deal with sub-par performance of duties from coaches and coordinators, but in this case, I applaud their decisiveness in rooting out the likely problem with their team.Ā  But no, I do not believe it was necessary to fire all three . In our case, start with the OC.Ā  Sine Canada has proven to be a 'below-average' play designer/caller for some time, now.Ā  If our offense does not drastically improve by the end of the season, we look at Tomlin, etc....

I know some have tried to blame the execution of the players, and while I agree that players need to execute their roles properly, it's not beenĀ  weak point week-in and week-out, like Canada has...

Ā 

1 hour ago, Ward4HOF said:

Far be it from me to ever say that we should look at the Raiders ownership for guidance in how we should deal with sub-par performance of duties from coaches and coordinators, but in this case, I applaud their decisiveness in rooting out the likely problem with their team.Ā  But no, I do not believe it was necessary to fire all three . In our case, start with the OC.Ā  Sine Canada has proven to be a 'below-average' play designer/caller for some time, now.Ā  If our offense does not drastically improve by the end of the season, we look at Tomlin, etc....

I know some have tried to blame the execution of the players, and while I agree that players need to execute their roles properly, it's not beenĀ  weak point week-in and week-out, like Canada has...

Ā 

As long as we have NALS, the standard is the standard.

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Tomlin might be a master debator...and that may bring pleasure to some, but doesnt help fix our issues.

it's almost as though his skill there can help him minimize his part to blame. I'm not a fan,Ā  more interested in a legit good HC, not just a .500 type either

Also, these fines were agreed upon by the CBA. So things like use of head are always fined more than something like unnecessary roughness.

EDIT:

https://x.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1720895613229756701?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA
Ā 

Like Richard getting fined for this football play.Ā 

Edited by warfelg

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-guard-playing-high-level-james-daniels/

Ā 

He still has yet to allow a sack in his career. But his first two weeks were the worst games he played in his entire tenure with Pittsburgh, allowing eight pressures. But six of those came in the opener. Since then, Daniels is back to his old self, and the Steelers should be happy with how their right guard is playing.