State of the Steelers

warfelg

44 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Everyone has injuries and Canada is Tomlin's fault.

They could win the NE game but that score will be 3-0 or 3-2

exactly. 

Colts are playing good, Cinci is divisional close game, Seattle in their building fighting for a playoff spot won't be easy either since they will run the ball as well. 

The pats game will be one of the most boring games and worst offensive games of  the year.  The defences won't have to be decent, thats what will be bad to watch. Losing at home to BB is  the norm for tomlin though

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Everyone has injuries and Canada is Tomlin's fault.

Not many teams have completely turned over their entire depth chart at a position like we have at ILB and Canada is Tomlin’s fault if you 100% believe Dulac.

Edited by warfelg

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Not many teams have completely turned over their entire depth chart at a position like we have at ILB and Canada is Tomlin’s fault if you 100% believe Dulac.

but teams do.  Happened to the Rams this year at RB.

Tomlin is the head coach therefore, he is responsible for his assistant coaches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

but teams do.  Happened to the Rams this year at RB.

Tomlin is the head coach therefore, he is responsible for his assistant coaches.

Not the same as losing 3/4 season opening ILB's.  Wildly different responsibilities.  Losing that many ILB's is like losing your starting QB.

You may say that but we did something we've never done in the history of this team in firing Canada.  I don't know how much more that needs to be said to reflect that he's not 100% the final person on that.

Im not a fan of Sports Illustrated, but this is a pretty good article....

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/allsteelers-plus/pittsburgh-steelers-mans-land-orginzationally

In Pittsburgh, the Standard is the Standard, and that "Standard" is winning just enough that you're not considered a loser while leaving the team dangling in the Land of Mediocrity year after year.

I love that quote, and basically sums up what Ive been saying for years...

Matt Millers first mock has is picking 14:

14. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-6)

Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Diontae Johnson's contract expires at the end of 2024, so there's room for Pittsburgh to add a physical, downfield threat with elite after-the-catch ability to the depth chart. Odunze has been the WR1 at Washington for three seasons, catching 25 touchdowns in that time while proving himself to be one of the most physical wideouts in college football. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Odunze could pair with George Pickens to form a duo that would rival Cincinnati's WR group in the AFC North.

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

Im not a fan of Sports Illustrated, but this is a pretty good article....

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/allsteelers-plus/pittsburgh-steelers-mans-land-orginzationally

I love that quote, and basically sums up what Ive been saying for years...

recently whenever I hear about the "steeler way" ,I try to consider what it involves .   

If it s this Mr.529 culture ,playing down to bad teams,  not putting in the work, bad tackling/blocking,  wasting TO's, incapable OC and QB 2 play,  then it's  different than what I had thought at one time ages ago.  Still not used to it either and I don't see it ending until major changes are made like HC and entire staff and several players are off the team

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Matt Millers first mock has is picking 14:

I really hope we don't take a WR in the first. I don't really know this Odunze, but I can assume he's a tall guy that doesn't run routes very well yet is an awesome combat catcher. I don't want that. If we're going WR in round 1, he needs to be able to get open. Give me an OT, CB, or QB. I want to spend elite picks on elite positions. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I really hope we don't take a WR in the first. I don't really know this Odunze, but I can assume he's a tall guy that doesn't run routes very well yet is an awesome combat catcher. I don't want that. If we're going WR in round 1, he needs to be able to get open. Give me an OT, CB, or QB. I want to spend elite picks on elite positions. 

if mocks are already starting, what are these mocks saying about the teams situation with dionte and GP for next year?  will they both return?

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Odunze is legit. He separates well, runs crisp clean routes, won’t blow the doors off with speed but is fast enough. If it weren’t for MHJr Odunze would be my WR1 in this draft. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Odunze is legit. He separates well, runs crisp clean routes, won’t blow the doors off with speed but is fast enough. If it weren’t for MHJr Odunze would be my WR1 in this draft. 

I have no issues with him at 14 depending on how FA goes.

• Like 1