State of the Steelers

warfelg

For conversations sake....who could we get to replace Tomlin if he left?

I seriously doubt we'd go after Harbaugh, although it would make for a very interesting rivalry with the Ravens.

Belichick?   😄  

Brian Flores?

I worry that Rooney would promote Teryl Austin.

Either way, I think Tomlin will finish his final year under contract.   

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I seriously doubt we'd go after Harbaugh, although it would make for a very interesting rivalry with the Ravens.

Belichick?   😄  

Brian Flores?

https://steelersnow.com/nfl-insiders-mike-tomlin-could-step-away-from-steelers/

no idea whats going to happen,  just rumours and speculation 

if he takes a year off or parts ways, then the FO has to hire someone.

In the interview, the FO asks the candidate:

Question :what would be the first thing you do if you get the HC job?

Answer : cut mitch, harvin and then trade chuks .  Mason is QB1 and KP is QB2

Question : what positions are priorities in the draft ?

Answer : our next  10 year Center and another franchise OT

6 hours ago, 43M said:

Belichick?   😄  

Brian Flores?

I'm keeping a eye at the ravens DC. that dude will look like another cowher/Tomlin to the Rooney's lol 36 yr old DC coaching up the best defense in the NFL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm keeping a eye at the ravens DC. that dude will look like another cowher/Tomlin to the Rooney's lol 36 yr old DC coaching up the best defense in the NFL

Young DC is what the Rooneys like.  That is the magic formula.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Young DC is what the Rooneys like.  That is the magic formula.

I forgot noll was a 36 yr old DC too before we hired him. Andi wedle has working history with haurbaugh/Ravens, so he'll have a inside track on McDonald 

Edited by August4th

9 hours ago, 43M said:

Belichick?   😄  

Brian Flores?

I’d like to get Lions OC Ben Johnson but as @jebrick Said they’ll probably favor a younger DC.

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/pghsteelersnow/status/1744747357286109209?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

The guy we spent a 1st round pick to replace went on to start 16/17 games and was the worst at his position in the league.

I think they’ll trade him in the off-season. He has no future as a swing tackle. I bet someone will give up a mid rounder for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think they’ll trade him in the off-season. He has no future as a swing tackle. I bet someone will give up a mid rounder for him. 

I seriously doubt that. If Chuks is in Tomlin’s dog house, Dan Moore is in the penthouse. Chuks will be cut or traded and I can’t see them getting rid of both of them. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

If TJ is out for the next 3 weeks, would it be worth it to sign a vet passrusher? I don't know who they would move to make room on the roster. Hopes are that Highsmith steps up as do Golden and Herbig - 2 smart  additions to the 23' roster. 

“They will bring in a new guy regardless of whether Eddie Faulkner leads them to the Super Bowl, and Art Rooney II will have a big say in who that might be.”

Snippet from Kaboly Q&A. I’m sure that will be good news to many on this board. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

“They will bring in a new guy regardless of whether Eddie Faulkner leads them to the Super Bowl, and Art Rooney II will have a big say in who that might be.”

Ill be happy once I know who that might be.

I don't really trust Kaboly, either.

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

He always has since taking over. 

The biggest difference between Dan and Art is Dan was a football guy who let the football people make football decisions and only interjected when needed. Art is a lawyer who things he’s a football guy that tries to interject in football decisions. 

I would not be shocked at a retread OC hire who has a history of running the ball.