State of the Steelers

warfelg

19 hours ago, August4th said:

I was wondering if there were any interesting OC's in NCAA with NFL experience and in my limited research I only really found Kliff Kingsbury, which is uninspiring. 

I doubt they go the college route but it could be something interesting 

On a side note its kind of crazy/funny how many schools have donor-sponsored coaching positions 🤣

Edited by C$!

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Leal has talent and showed really flashes early in his rookie year. Unfortunately it looks like he is in Tomlin’s dog house which probably means he will do nothing here until he leaves and becomes a really productive player for the Cardinals or something 

like dotson and witherspoon 

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

The scheme in place is HS level or at best lower tier college.  While I agree that they need to draft players and then scheme for them I will hope that Khan and company do better than Colbert.  Najee, for instance was a Colbert pick.  The offense that was designed was not for a North-south runner but a one-cut back.  I think Najee struggled for so long and wasted years with the square peg in the round hole.

wouldn't it make sense to have the gM and HC on the same page and get players to play where they are best suited?

Trading up for a LT then moving him to RT while leaving the worst graded LT out there, thats tomlin. All because of a disdain towards chuks and more important the fact that chuks was even here signed for that much in the first place (colbert) 

Some of my offseason targets by position:

QB: Jacoby Brissett, Gardner Minshew, Mason Rudolph

RB: Boston Scott

WR: Curtis Samiel, Braxton Berrios, Calvin Ridley, Darnell Mooney, Quez Watkins

TE: Not a need but Albert Okwuegbunam, Geoff Swaim

OT: Matt Pryor, Yosh Nijman

IOL: Andre James, Aaron Brewer, Lloyd Cushenberry, Jack Driscoll, 

DL: Grover Stewart, Tim Settle, Christian Wilkins, Justin Madubuike, Teair Tart

LB: Josey Jewell, Azeez Al-Shaair, Jordyn Brooks, Nathan Landman

CB: Levi Wallace, Tre Herndon, Jaylon Johnson, L'Jarius Sneed, Myles Bryant, Amik Robinson

S: Budda Baker, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Jordan Whitehead, Antoine Winfield Jr, PJ Locke, Alohi Gilman

• Like 1

I think our big fish FA signing will be in the secondary. I'd love to pair sneed with porter. He seems to always have a impact when I watch KC games and he's only 26. I hope KC doesn't tag him

Edited by August4th
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, August4th said:

I think our big fish FA signing will be in the secondary. I'd love to pair sneed with porter. He seems to always have a impact when I watch KC games and he's only 26. I hope KC doesn't tag him

what will Sneed cost. Peterson is untradable but they could trade Minkah and that would easily pay for Sneed, then also have a nice draft pick from the trade and some left over cap as well .

2 top tier CB's is a start, plus you make KC a bit weak in the process

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what will Sneed cost. Peterson is untradable but they could trade Minkah and that would easily pay for Sneed, then also have a nice draft pick from the trade and some left over cap as well .

2 top tier CB's is a start, plus you make KC a bit weak in the process

Why would we trade Minkah? That's like cutting a hole in your boat as your trying to plug another leak. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What does the tweet say? My work is blocking it right now. 

Kaboly Speculates Rudolph Has ’30 Percent’ Chance To Return, Trubisky Could Remain Steelers’ Backup

Basically the worst news possible.  Keeping Trubs because you can't retain Mason is a huge huge huge mistake.  Get an OC and just bring in a QB who's worked with him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Basically the worst news possible.  Keeping Trubs because you can't retain Mason is a huge huge huge mistake.  Get an OC and just bring in a QB who's worked with him.

I mean, its pure speculation at this point with a largely made up percentage attached...but yeah, terrible news.

Either way, I wouldn't even be disappointed losing Rudolph....but if we keep Trubisky, I will be tempted to boycott much of next season, especially if we have an uninspired OC hire and they dont bring anyone else to compete with Pickett.

• Like 2