State of the Steelers

warfelg

The good news is that it seems very likely Weidl remains with the Steelers this year. It’s down to two teams with GM openings, and one is seemingly in the process being filled, while the Patriots as the last team are apparently content to use existing staff with Mayo and/or to hire a GM after the draft. We need a draft like we had last year, and obviously Weidl was a very big part of that…

Edited by rlon
  • Like 1

Steelers claimed former Ravens OLB Jeremiah Moon. He was waived as the Ravens activated TE Mark Andrews for their playoff run. Moon won't report to the Steelers until after the Super Bowl. Jeremiah Moon is listed at 6'5 250 and runs a 4.76 in the 40. College production was marred by injuries and buried on depth chart. 

What does Moon bring to the table for the Steelers? Power. A TE has almost no chance of blocking him 1 on 1. He has a great motor and runs to the ball. He has a strong bull rush to collapse the pocket. He has ok quickness but he has a history of ankle issues and that shows as he can't turn the corner. Indianapolis couldn't run to his side at all. He maintained excellent control of the blockers and made the tackle or forced the runners inside. He moves well in space and accelerates to the ball with some nastiness. I like this guy. Maybe only a depth piece but that is ok.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/01/steelers-claim-lb-jeremiah-moon-off-waivers-from-ravens

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Bleh 

Yea. All the comments came off like “Kenny and Mason is what we want in 2024”.

Really makes me question this team and their inability to understand the sunken coast fallacy. 

Also interesting that Tomlin and Kahn talk about differing to AR, how he’s a voice, he breaks ties….and AR sits there and tried to say he has no say and it’s everyone else. 

Edited by warfelg

48 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I posted in the other thread but he also leaned in a lot on needing to work with Kenny. 

the players still  respond to mike?

that contradicts the previous post about the drought.

why even bring this up? Probably because he knows that mike isn't the answer, but just in case people want to know

Somewhat of a change of tone in Mike Tomlin saying a couple years ago at NFL league meetings that he didn't care what the Joneses were doing.

translation - I have job security and no need to care what the joneses are doing

On 1/27/2024 at 1:34 AM, armsteeld said:

Steelers claimed former Ravens OLB Jeremiah Moon. He was waived as the Ravens activated TE Mark Andrews for their playoff run. Moon won't report to the Steelers until after the Super Bowl. Jeremiah Moon is listed at 6'5 250 and runs a 4.76 in the 40. College production was marred by injuries and buried on depth chart. 

What does Moon bring to the table for the Steelers? Power. A TE has almost no chance of blocking him 1 on 1. He has a great motor and runs to the ball. He has a strong bull rush to collapse the pocket. He has ok quickness but he has a history of ankle issues and that shows as he can't turn the corner. Indianapolis couldn't run to his side at all. He maintained excellent control of the blockers and made the tackle or forced the runners inside. He moves well in space and accelerates to the ball with some nastiness. I like this guy. Maybe only a depth piece but that is ok.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/01/steelers-claim-lb-jeremiah-moon-off-waivers-from-ravens

Moon is just an inch or so short of elite explosive numbers for an EDGE player.  I like it if he can learn his trade.