State of the Steelers

warfelg

1 hour ago, AFF said:

That’s a lot of coaching and also welcome to the world of having to pay up for a QB.

Yea, especially on the defensive side of the field.  And offensively they are poised to have a ton a FA’s hit the next two years at RB and WR.  I mean, I bet the figure it out, but yikes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFF said:

That’s a lot of coaching and also welcome to the world of having to pay up for a QB.

This was definitely their year to get a ring. They are the Ravens and Lamar is a great regular season QB so they will be back but it’s not getting any easier for them.

This is also welcome to the world of no matter how strong of a team you have in the AFC you will still need to go through Patrick Mahomes to get to the Super Bowl the next several years. 

• Like 1

Bengals and browns are also dealing with teams picking away at their staffs and tight salary caps. I wonder how long Cleveland will be able to keep chubb and Cincinnati gonna have trouble keeping higgens for example 

4 hours ago, August4th said:

Going to need a new WR coach. Jackson won't be back. Hines? 

Good.    Didn't think our WRs were particularly good under him.   Not that its all on him, but I wanted to see someone else brought in.   

• Like 1

Eagles start the season in Brazil. We have a road game against them. It's been awhile since we played one of these international games and we have a large fan-base in Brazil. I can see us being picked for that game.

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

Eagles start the season in Brazil. We have a road game against them. It's been awhile since we played one of these international games and we have a large fan-base in Brazil. I can see us being picked for that game.

I hope not

On 2/4/2024 at 10:46 AM, bigben07MVP said:

This was definitely their year to get a ring. They are the Ravens and Lamar is a great regular season QB so they will be back but it’s not getting any easier for them.

This is also welcome to the world of no matter how strong of a team you have in the AFC you will still need to go through Patrick Mahomes to get to the Super Bowl the next several years. 

ain't that the truth. #15 will always be playing at the highest level, because there is no hype train , just a proven track record.  

but then of course there are teams like the tomlin steelers, think they can defend #15 with Levi at CB and a safety that can't tackle for example .  If you are constructing a team, it will need to be made to defeat #15, but tell tomlin this.

Or maybe he just wants to be mr.529 and thats good enough

On 2/4/2024 at 9:09 AM, AFF said:

I doubt they recover and are the 1 seed in 24. I expect playoffs from them, they will take a while to get accustomed to the new coaches  but they will.

As for the QB, when it mattered most, he chokes, so as of now, that contract isn't helping them so much either.  All these QB's getting their mega deals, #15 is the only one actually worth it, maybe Burrow if he can stay on the field. The rest, are really affecting their teams with the cap hit

So @43M will like this, a mock I didn’t trade back in, but I did trade up. Got to thinking with 2 4th we might use one to move up in RD2. 

1:20 Jackson Powers Johnson OC Oregon

2:45 Traded 51 & 120 for Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

3:84 Roman Wilson WR Michigan

4:119 Maason Smith DT LSU

6:196 Joe Milton QB Tennessee

7:237 Tory Taylor P Iowa