State of the Steelers

warfelg

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Jordan Schultz
@Schultz_Report

Breaking: Free agent safety DeShon Elliott is signing with the #Steelers for 2 years $6M, source tells @BleacherReport.

Stud! Impact hitter with range. Love this signing!!

• Like 2

There was a lot of solid S’s in this FA class…this is one of them and only at 2/$6 mill.

im guessing he starts and pushes Kazee to more of sub package role and depth…nice.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Jordan Schultz
@Schultz_Report

Breaking: Free agent safety DeShon Elliott is signing with the #Steelers for 2 years $6M, source tells @BleacherReport.

Seems like a Terrell Edmunds. Not a lot of splash plays but a reliable and versatile player. I like it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Seems like a Terrell Edmunds. Not a lot of splash plays but a reliable and versatile player. I like it.

I'm excited, and that's great, but what does that say about our draft savvy in 2018...Both our 1st Rd pick, and the Raven's 6th Rd pick, were available in FA, and we chose to bring in the former 6th Rd pick, over our former 1st Rd pick...

And hey, why no thread on the NFL News forum regarding this signing??  Steeler bias, eh??  No big deal, but that's where I've been going to see the latest signings, since RaidersAreOne seems to drop the threads immediately, and if  they are creating threads about Vonn Bell, and Jeremy Chinn, you'd think this signing would  get a thread...

Guess I'll just go back to the ProFootballTradeRumors site

There goes another Center...Coleman Shelton apparently being signed by the Bears...

We really are down to slim pickings, if Connor Williams isn't our target.  Evan Brown??  Bradley Bozeman (who, btw, would be my suggestion.  He may nit have looked great laster year, but at least he's shown ability in the past, both in Run Support and pass, unlike Cole, our doormat, lol...)

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

There goes another Center...Coleman Shelton apparently being signed by the Bears...

We really are down to slim pickings, if Connor Williams isn't our target.  Evan Brown??  Bradley Bozeman (who, btw, would be my suggestion.  He may nit have looked great laster year, but at least he's shown ability in the past, both in Run Support and pass, unlike Cole, our doormat, lol...)

Maybe Brian Allen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFF said:

Maybe Brian Allen.

True...forgot about him.  Potentially, if we want to keep poaching from the Ravens, Sam Mustipher, but don't think he's been a solid starter at the position...likely not any better than what we already have in Herbig.