State of the Steelers

warfelg

Just now, armsteeld said:

Why not? They've already allowed Kurt to leave. They're trying for a rebuild and Jefferson would be wasted there but the draft capital he can bring has to be enticing.

He is only 24/25.    He can still be very valuable to them, even if "wasted" a year.   Plus, our situation isnt necessarily CLEARLY better.    If Wilson doesn't work out, we may not have a remotely decent QB on our roster in 2025.   Hell, we may not even have one RIGHT NOW.

Cousins was good, but they know he isnt taking them very far.    

If Jefferson was a few years older, I could see it.

He is still young enough to be a key piece of a rebuild.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 43M said:

Im beginning to believe WR will be a 1st or 2nd rd pick.

Although if we dont find an OL in FA either, we may have a glaring hole somewhere on offense.

Gut feeling but there’s something in the works for a WR. I can’t tell you What it is but something tells me we’re gonna make a move for a guy No one expected to move like DK Metcalf. Courtland Sutton is another. 

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Gut feeling but there’s something in the works for a WR. I can’t tell you What it is but something tells me we’re gonna make a move for a guy No one expected to move like DK Metcalf. Courtland Sutton is another. 

Sutton could be had. sounds like Denver is tearing it down. 

52 minutes ago, August4th said:

Sutton could be had. sounds like Denver is tearing it down. 

I don’t mind the idea of Sutton (he would fit really well) but I hate the idea of trading any picks right now, so it would largely depend on price. 5th or later, all good! Anything before that meh.  

My thought is you fill gaps and solidify the floor with free agency but you try to smash the roof with the draft. Trading a top 120 Pick for Sutton because we are stuck after trading DJ wouldn’t make me happy. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I was thinking that too but couldn’t come up with anybody save for Jefferson/Aiyuk/ and DK( like you said since they resigned Lockett).

Maybe Gallup since there was rumors Dallas might cut him? IDK

5 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Dang it!! I wanted him on the Steelers.

Why? They already paid big $ for Queen and Roberts is solid.

I can see adding a middle round pick for depth and/or a possible replacement for Roberts next year but that’s about it .

6 minutes ago, AFF said:

Why? They already paid big $ for Queen and Roberts is solid.

I can see adding a middle round pick for depth and/or a possible replacement for Roberts next year but that’s about it .

What's better than having an ILB that runs a 4.50? Answer: having the other ILB who can run 4.4