State of the Steelers

warfelg

Good signing, especially with the new kickoff rules....provide it has zero impact on the offense unless it's out of 2 RB sets. 

Jaylen Warren needs more opportunities this year. I just don't want this to be a toy Smith is used to getting 5+ snaps a game. 

• Like 1

I would have loved this signing 6 years ago. He’s 33, and this is meh for me. Love the player, I don’t think his return skill set is really what it used to be, but he’s a decent #3 RB. 

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Good signing, especially with the new kickoff rules....provide it has zero impact on the offense unless it's out of 2 RB sets. 

Jaylen Warren needs more opportunities this year. I just don't want this to be a toy Smith is used to getting 5+ snaps a game. 

Unless he wants to line up at WR.

But like it or not I think we will see Patterson used some in short yardage and in the red zone. But I don’t think that will come at the expense of Warren.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

He’s not but who else was going to do it before this signing?

Athur had a "J" (Joker) next to his name as his position on the official roster.  I expect him to be all over the field. CP is bound to eat up some slot work and outside WR as well. Thus, taking some opportunities away from Austin.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Athur had a "J" (Joker) next to his name as his position on the official roster.  I expect him to be all over the field. CP is bound to eat up some slot work and outside WR as well. Thus, taking some opportunities away from Austin.  

Patterson is a god awful WR.  That is why he is listed at RB.  I think he is too dumb to learn his routes and has hands of stone.  If Patterson takes away any WR snaps, I may sue Tomlin for gross negligence and stupidity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Patterson is a god awful WR.  That is why he is listed at RB.  I think he is too dumb to learn his routes and has hands of stone.  If Patterson takes away any WR snaps, I may sue Tomlin for gross negligence and stupidity.

Pretty much. As a KR and RB, he is a nice supplement. Beyond that, not very useful