warfelg

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Got a few names to throw in this pile:

Gary Dunn NT

Larry Foote LB

Willie Gay NCB

Antwaan Randle El WR

Santonio Holmes WR

Give me Willie Gay and his ball hawking over Ike Taylor and Santonio Holmes to pair with Pickens. 

You'd take Gay over Ike? Give me Swaggin all day long. He and JPJ would form a really interesting combo. I love me some Big Play Willie Gay, but I'd take Ike over him 10/10. Holmes is a really good option. He'd be great for our current offense. I see a lot of Santonio Holmes when I watch Roman Wilson. 

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

As a side note, in the Bring back 2 players to your team thread in General.  Neither can have been to a Probowl  or even 2nd team all pro.  I went with Ike Taylor and Martavis Bryant.  I think they would be huge on the current team. 😄

Anyone got any better ones?

Almost said Aaron Smith, forgot he finally got 1 in 2004 (Keisel also with 1 in 2010, Joel Steed 1 in 1997). A lot of the good/great DL had 1 pro bowl apparently.

Kimo at DL, Darren Perry at safety would be 2 I would heavily consider.

37 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

You'd take Gay over Ike? Give me Swaggin all day long. He and JPJ would form a really interesting combo. I love me some Big Play Willie Gay, but I'd take Ike over him 10/10. Holmes is a really good option. He'd be great for our current offense. I see a lot of Santonio Holmes when I watch Roman Wilson. 

Yea. Barely. It’s the ball hawking and inside-out ability that we need. I look at it this way: Prime Willie was what Cam Sutton should be. Starts on the outside, bumps in for nickel. You take Ike and you still have the nickel issue. 

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yea. Barely. It’s the ball hawking and inside-out ability that we need. I look at it this way: Prime Willie was what Cam Sutton should be. Starts on the outside, bumps in for nickel. You take Ike and you still have the nickel issue. 

I'd take the near lock down outside CB and then look to sign a slot guy. Give me JPJ - Sutton - Ike over JPJ - Willie Gay - Donte Jackson

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd take the near lock down outside CB and then look to sign a slot guy. Give me JPJ - Sutton - Ike over JPJ - Willie Gay - Donte Jackson

I was working with the assumption you had to add to the roster as is. And if that’s the case I stand by what I put out there. Being able to sign someone change at things in terms of what can be done. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Got a few names to throw in this pile:

Gary Dunn NT

Larry Foote LB

Willie Gay NCB

Antwaan Randle El WR

Santonio Holmes WR

Give me Willie Gay and his ball hawking over Ike Taylor and Santonio Holmes to pair with Pickens. 

Why i would not choose Willie Gay was he was a zone CB only.  Played when the Steelers were almost all zone

Anybody catch Jaylen Warrens comments on (I think) Cam Heywards podcast about the difference in leadership?

He said he sees a difference where all three QBs are pulling guys aside, helping teach the route combos, timing, where to expect the ball, helping them understand their role in helping the position. He said it’s different from the last few years where guys just ran routes and if it was there it was there and missed passes came with no corrections. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

One offense and one defense

Hmmm…Ike and Martavius.

I might get gashed in the middle of the field and the run game but oh well.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, AFF said:

Hmmm…Ike and Martavius.

I might get gashed in the middle of the field and the run game but oh well.

I might now go with Ike and Holmes(Good catch @warfelg)as Santonio would be a better route runner than the Freak.  Bryant and Pickens are just about the same Wr

Edited by jebrick

15 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I might now go with Ike and Holmes(Good catch @warfelg)as Santonio would be a better route runner than the Freak.  Bryant and Pickens are just about the same Wr

Gotta be honest. Just googled best Steelers to never make a pro bowl. 

22 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I totally forgot about Holmes honestly…it’s hard to pass on 2 freaks on the outside but Holmes would probably be the better compliment.

He really was a flash in the pan wasn’t he? Those 3 great years here, traded due to the weed issue, 2 ok season with the Jets, then 3 injury riddled years to close his career. Amazing too that IIRC he was traded for the pick for Brown, traded for the pick for Johnson, traded for Jackson and a pick. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

As a side note, in the Bring back 2 players to your team thread in General.  Neither can have been to a Probowl  or even 2nd team all pro.  I went with Ike Taylor and Martavis Bryant.  I think they would be huge on the current team. 😄

Anyone got any better ones?

Ike would be nice given our current team, even if he was overrated by many Steeler fans IMO.   I think Tuitt was better overall, but CB is a bigger need.   Problem is, we still have no nickle.   Saw someone picked Gay, but he sucked way too often to be the pick IMO.

PS....damn, if not for one lone pro bowl appearance, could have gotten Aaron Smith, one of the most underrated (if not THE most) defenders in Steelers history.

Martavis is a good option, but pairing him with Pickens is a disaster waiting to happen.   Santonio wouldnt be much better on that front, but probably a better compliment....and WR HAS to be the addition on offense.

Or maybe Bubby Brister for the lolz.

• Like 1