Week 6 GDT Bills at Chiefs: Divisional Round Rematch

Trentwannabe

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I think a very underrated play in the game was Elam's INT. Keeping it a tie game after our fumble just seemed fitting... so even tho we failed to score on our long drive it evened out.

Agreed..

I was dead wrong on Kaiir Elam.. Hes been fantastic 

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I think a very underrated play in the game was Elam's INT. Keeping it a tie game after our fumble just seemed fitting... so even tho we failed to score on our long drive it evened out.

Absolutely. It halted the momentum KC had and gave the defense some swag. 

Wild how well our secondary has held up without White all year, Hyde for 4 games and Poyer missing a couple or playing hurt. Frazier and Butler deserve so much credit. As do the players of course.

30 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Wild how well our secondary has held up without White all year, Hyde for 4 games and Poyer missing a couple or playing hurt. Frazier and Butler deserve so much credit. As do the players of course.

I gotta think Butler starts to get some DC interest. Especially if we have another coordinator leave like Dorsey for example.

3 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I gotta think Butler starts to get some DC interest. Especially if we have another coordinator leave like Dorsey for example.

I agree. I think Bobby Babich will get some looks too. He’s taken our LBs to a new level after moving there from Safeties 

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Benford is a god damn sixth round rookie being asked to cover Waddle and JuJu and Kupp and he has held his own spectacularly. Infinitely impressed with these guys fight.

Speaking of these corners…

Tre, Jackson, Elam, Benford, Johnson.

That depth is OUTRAGEOUS. These are all clear starters in this league and we can only start 3 a game with Tre and Johnson being the obvious ones. So one of Jackson, Benford, or Elam sits. Based on draft status it’s Elam, and he’s earned it, but the other two have earned it as well. What do we do? I think we could get a pretty penny if we decided to trade one of them 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

That depth is OUTRAGEOUS. These are all clear starters in this league and we can only start 3 a game with Tre and Johnson being the obvious ones. So one of Jackson, Benford, or Elam sits. Based on draft status it’s Elam, and he’s earned it, but the other two have earned it as well. What do we do? I think we could get a pretty penny if we decided to trade one of them 

IMO would be foolish to move any of them. White is the elite star signed long term and the other 3 are on cap friendly deals for multiple seasons. That’s a huge advantage 

On 10/17/2022 at 2:07 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

It's crazy how at age 31 he's literally never been better.

He put the bottle down a year or two ago, and I believe its had an impact on his game. The timeline matches up.

Big win for the boys! Going into Arrowhead is never easy, but Allen thrives there so that takes some of the pressure off. 

Von Miller showing why we paid him. Milano and Edmunds continue to ball out. Elam with his second INT. Lots of pressure from the D line. Coaching was awesome again. Just a terrific effort all around on defense. Hard to pin point anyone as being bad. A few missed tackles to clean up, but that's only a minor complaint.

Offensively, Singletary was efficient with more reps. Allen was Allen. Love the hurdle! Diggs was a beast. Gabe had a big TD. The O line allowed some pressure, but Allen can deal with some pressure. They seemed to have blocked really well in the running game at least. Dawson Knox with the winning catch was awesome. My only complaint is McKenzie. He cost us at least 10 points. More than likely he cost us 14 pts because I highly doubt KC was stopping us on that first drive. 

The refs sucked, too, obviously. 

Good to get the win, but need to keep grinding. The Jets aren't a tire fire anymore, though we're still quite a bit better. Zach Wilson has been ok so far, which is progress- but not to the level he needs to be to compete with the cream of the crop. Tua is coming back off of injury, so Miami is going to be a threat again. And NE is playing how NE always seems to play. The division is tougher than its ever been. The rest of the AFC, though, looks to be weaker than its been in a while. 

Edited by WizeGuy

On 10/18/2022 at 1:10 AM, bigbadbuff said:

I would not trade any CB depth. In todays NFL and with us only rushing 4 we could use all the good CBs we can get. 

Based on performance i would rank them White (when healthy), Elam 1a, Jackson 1b, Benford with Taron Johnson in the slot.

So I'd have White and Elam starting, with Jackson and Benford right behind them. Johnson in the slot.

Edited by The BILLievers
  • Like 1