Week 6 GDT

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean the thing with Cam like, the issue wasn't the hits he took running, it was the hits he took when he was square in the pocket, that's what messed his shoulder up. Josh does a great job of not taking a ton of these blowup shots.

Oh, I don't even mean from the hits piling up. I mean purely in the sense that eventually, he will not be physically capable of doing this. Whether it's at 30 or 35 or 40, he'll have to adjust his game at some point anyway. Athleticism only diminishes, from this point on. It's good to have it as a tool, but also not have to rely on it too much.

Same as Mahomes needing to get better as a pocket passer this past year or so. Whether he wound up working on that now or not, he's going to have to do it someday to stay elite in this league.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Oh, I don't even mean from the hits piling up. I mean purely in the sense that eventually, he will not be physically capable of doing this. Whether it's at 30 or 35 or 40, he'll have to adjust his game at some point anyway. Athleticism only diminishes, from this point on. It's good to have it as a tool, but also not have to rely on it too much.

Same as Mahomes needing to get better as a pocket passer this past year or so. Whether he wound up working on that now or not, he's going to have to do it someday to stay elite in this league.

Oh yeah no Dorsey has been mixing in a lot more pocket work for him with short and intermediate stuff. They're weening him off the running for sure.

5 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I've been a Romo stan for a while, but did he really just call Spagnuolo "One of the great Defensive Coordinators of all time"??

He hasn't had the most consistent career, but two superbowl wins as DC will go a long way.