Week 6: Panthers

LeotheLion

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

After seeing CMC today, I'd be interested in knowing what the Panthers want for him. He could be an offensive game-changer for us. He'd certainly alleviate some of the pressure on Kupp.

I think it's clear we at least need another back. CMC is obviously the rolls royce of options. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

After seeing CMC today, I'd be interested in knowing what the Panthers want for him. He could be an offensive game-changer for us. He'd certainly alleviate some of the pressure on Kupp.

He looks strong and healthy. Id love to have him. 

22 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I think it's clear we at least need another back. CMC is obviously the rolls royce of options. 

Yep. There are other less expensive options that I'd quite like (D'Ernest Johnson, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Gibson, David Montgomery, and Zack Moss).

37 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The report said multiple 1sts, but I think it may come down in a week or two when they realize no one is paying that much with his contract. 

If we could get him for Akers, our 2nd, and maybe our 2024 3rd if they would pay some of his salary the next few years, I think we'd have to consider. I usually wouldn't want to trade that much for a RB but he's more than your typical back. 

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

The report said multiple 1sts, but I think it may come down in a week or two when they realize no one is paying that much with his contract. 

If we could get him for Akers, our 2nd, and maybe our 2024 3rd if they would pay some of his salary the next few years, I think we'd have to consider. I usually wouldn't want to trade that much for a RB but he's more than your typical back. 

No chance a HB is getting multiple firsts. 

Excited to see us put up 17 points in the 2H today even though it was against the worst team in the league.

Noteboom is now out with an Achilles injury. I have to imagine McVay calls Whitworth up crying, but if I was Whit I wouldnt come back to this team until OBJ and another piece were added. I'm expecting us to be active over the Bye week.  Preferably before the end of it so we can try to get whoever we bring in up to speed for Week 8. Kareem hunt getting 4 carries and 1 target is very uncharacteristic of Stefanski. Could mean he's getting ready to be moved.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Excited to see us put up 17 points in the 2H today even though it was against the worst team in the league.

Noteboom is now out with an Achilles injury. I have to imagine McVay calls Whitworth up crying, but if I was Whit I wouldnt come back to this team until OBJ and another piece were added. I'm expecting us to be active over the Bye week.  Preferably before the end of it so we can try to get whoever we bring in up to speed for Week 8. Kareem hunt getting 4 carries and 1 target is very uncharacteristic of Stefanski. Could mean he's getting ready to be moved.

They probably are the worst team, but they have a solid defense. It was good to see Mcvay incorporating RB screens and Stafford looking at other passcatchers.

I wouldn't come back for anything if I was Whit. He went out on top and has a cushy gig with Amazon now. I think we're fine with Hendo at RB, but I don't think he can hold up under a full workload. It could be him and Kyren, but I would LOVE to somehow land Hunt. If it's not him or somehow CMC, I'd rather upgrade elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Flounch said:

If we had to make a trade, it's for OL not RB...

Disagree. OLs are in short supply. What good/great OL is going to be available? HBs aren't in short supply. We can land a talented one for a Day 3 pick. And potentially could land an elite one like CMC for a Day 2 pick and Akers. We're not landing an elite OL for a Day 2 pick and Akers.

18 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Losing Noteboom hurts, but Jackson seems better at LT than RG. Hopefully, he can provide solid play there. Maybe Aboushi can provide solid play at RG until Shelton comes back. I don't see Whit coming out of retirement. He should stay retired. He's earned it.

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

They probably are the worst team, but they have a solid defense. It was good to see Mcvay incorporating RB screens and Stafford looking at other passcatchers.

I wouldn't come back for anything if I was Whit. He went out on top and has a cushy gig with Amazon now. I think we're fine with Hendo at RB, but I don't think he can hold up under a full workload. It could be him and Kyren, but I would LOVE to somehow land Hunt. If it's not him or somehow CMC, I'd rather upgrade elsewhere. 

With Hunt a FA after the year, I think we could land him for an early Day 3 pick in 2023 and maybe another later pick in 2024. Considering the sort of talent he is, that's a pretty good deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yep. There are other less expensive options that I'd quite like (D'Ernest Johnson, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Gibson, David Montgomery, and Zack Moss).

If I had to pick, I'd prefer Hunt or Montgomery. But I am curious if Kyren Williams can give us anything. 

Just now, LeotheLion said:

If I had to pick, I'd prefer Hunt or Montgomery. But I am curious if Kyren Williams can give us anything. 

I'm not sure Williams will give us all that much as a runner. He's pretty meh there. Quick and runs hard but not that big or fast. But he's an outstanding receiver and was a great pass blocker in college. Regardless, Hunt and Montgomery have to be available for trade. It's not clear either is. If the Bears were open to doing business, I'd love to try and acquire both David Montgomery and Robert Quinn in a trade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure Williams will give us all that much as a runner. He's pretty meh there. Quick and runs hard but not that big or fast. But he's an outstanding receiver and was a great pass blocker in college. Regardless, Hunt and Montgomery have to be available for trade. It's not clear either is. If the Bears were open to doing business, I'd love to try and acquire both David Montgomery and Robert Quinn in a trade.

That’d be Awesome. The pass rush felt a little better today but it’s been pretty non existent. Having Quinn back would be perfect. Miss watching him every Sunday 

as for the rb market.. I’d love CMC or Kareem but wouldn’t be upset if it was a cheaper option + a rusher 

I do think there’s a chance there’s a trade for an OL though. I feel like they’re pretty good at finding cheap options that work out well. Guys like Corbett.