2022-23 Titans Roster Moves and Injury Updates

KingTitan

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

The Titans way.

We're thinner and thinner every day at Edge, OL, and WR, so we sign more roster bubble DBs.

One day, we will reach JRob's goal of an all DB team, and then we will reach the singularity.

What’s sad is he signs a million DBs and we have the worst pass defense in the league currently. I get pass-rush is apart of that but just once I’d like to have a damn defense that’s top 10 in every major category. I think at full strength we would’ve been close but losing someone like Landry can’t just kill the defense like it has especially when you still have Simmons and Autry on that front.  

22 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What’s sad is he signs a million DBs and we have the worst pass defense in the league currently. I get pass-rush is apart of that but just once I’d like to have a damn defense that’s top 10 in every major category. I think at full strength we would’ve been close but losing someone like Landry can’t just kill the defense like it has especially when you still have Simmons and Autry on that front.  

what? losing landry isn't what's killed the defense at all, it's the combination of molden being out and farley sucking. that completely screwed our CB room behind fulton because now mccreary is playing out of position in the slot and we've got a bunch of scrubs at outside CB2.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

what? losing landry isn't what's killed the defense at all, it's the combination of molden being out and farley sucking. that completely screwed our CB room behind fulton because now mccreary is playing out of position in the slot and we've got a bunch of scrubs at outside CB2.

I mean, struggles with young CBs should be expected.  If you have Landry, it likely does minimize that problem a bit, since QBs will have less time to throw with a healthy Landry in the mix.  But yeah, Molden probably has a bigger impact, because he's likely our slot guy, and probably a solid one after a decent rookie year.

I think Farley's gonna be better by the season's end.  But the growing pains are going to be severe.

41 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I mean, struggles with young CBs should be expected.  If you have Landry, it likely does minimize that problem a bit, since QBs will have less time to throw with a healthy Landry in the mix.  But yeah, Molden probably has a bigger impact, because he's likely our slot guy, and probably a solid one after a decent rookie year.

I think Farley's gonna be better by the season's end.  But the growing pains are going to be severe.

farley's issues are pretty far beyond what "should be expected" of a young CB. this is a guy who had legit 4.2 speed in college and he's getting cooked every week to the extent that he's almost unplayable. he's pretty clearly not fully recovered from his injuries, even if it's just mental at this point, and i have no idea what to expect from him moving forward.

55 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

farley's issues are pretty far beyond what "should be expected" of a young CB. this is a guy who had legit 4.2 speed in college and he's getting cooked every week to the extent that he's almost unplayable. he's pretty clearly not fully recovered from his injuries, even if it's just mental at this point, and i have no idea what to expect from him moving forward.

I think he'll be a much better player by the season's end.

But he could still be a terrible starting CB and be a much better player, and I fear that's where he's heading.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

With the OL like it is, I kinda would hope they'd elevate Woodside.

Malik will get killed playing heroball.

Yeah idk how I feel about it. I don’t really want Malik to play, but the problem is if we start Woodside we pretty much have no chance at a W in my mind. 

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah idk how I feel about it. I don’t really want Malik to play, but the problem is if we start Woodside we pretty much have no chance at a W in my mind. 

Play great defense and ride Henry. We’ve had no passing game anyway. As long as Woodside isn’t turning the ball over, we should beat the Texans.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Play great defense and ride Henry. We’ve had no passing game anyway. As long as Woodside isn’t turning the ball over, we should beat the Texans.

Go full on Army option offense with Malik and Triple H (Henry, Haskin and Hilliard)

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Yeah that will definitely be the game plan, but Woodside is really, really bad. We have been counting on Tannehill to covert third downs all year. Woodside can’t do that, and if he tries there’s bound to be turnovers. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Go full on Army option offense with Malik and Triple H (Henry, Haskin and Hilliard)

Wouldn’t be the worst idea 🤣

Hell, our receivers are used to blocking anyway so they should flourish in that offense. Some triple option and Wing T. Henry at FB as the primary option obviously. We about to wreck ****!!!

Edited by ttitansfan4life

i mean i gotta be real, i don't see why we'd keep malik as QB2 if we don't think he can execute the offense at a similar level to woodside. i mean, do y'all remember woodside in the preseason? dude was an abject disaster. i don't see why we can't just go super conservative/run-heavy with malik with the added benefit of adding QB runs to the gameplan. seems much more workable, tbh.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i mean i gotta be real, i don't see why we'd keep malik as QB2 if we don't think he can execute the offense at a similar level to woodside. i mean, do y'all remember woodside in the preseason? dude was an abject disaster. i don't see why we can't just go super conservative/run-heavy with malik with the added benefit of adding QB runs to the gameplan. seems much more workable, tbh.

Was what I was thinking as well. Fake a handoff and rollout to throw one deep every 10 or so plays.