Intentional grounding call was wrong-league called Allen. Redskins luck

mar29020

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is why I didn't get mad at Kirk for the intentional grounding. I didn't think the refs got it right but they weren't going to fix it. The Redskins lost the game but the refs sure as hell helped. They were awful all game. 

I believe the HC can call for a review of the rule, IIRC.

5 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I know it stings, but this is what I would want my team to live by:

excuses.jpg

Even though this is true, it was a horrible call that the officiating crew should've known not to make. They got bullied into throwing the flag by Payton. That's embarrassing for the NFL and I have no idea how this seems to be getting swept under the rug lol

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Even though this is true, it was a horrible call that the officiating crew should've known not to make. They got bullied into throwing the flag by Payton. That's embarrassing for the NFL and I have no idea how this seems to be getting swept under the rug lol

Yes! And that’s a good coaching move! Gibbs did this all the time. The best of all time by far was Red Auerbach. I don’t recall any play that gruden got a call like this 

6 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Yes! And that’s a good coaching move! Gibbs did this all the time. The best of all time by far was Red Auerbach. I don’t recall any play that gruden got a call like this 

That's because he stands there with a "duh" look on his face. He doesn't go crazy or get mad. He just rolls his eyes and walks away. It's very annoying. 

The refs made bad calls all game. It’s hard to beat a hall of famer QB with a stout defense and good running game. It’s even harder when the refs are consistently blowing calls. So again I️ say we don’t have a coaching issue. We have a injury and bad luck issue. This team isn’t out of it. That said they can’t play down to the teams they face the rest of the year. If they play like they have against the top teams they can and should win out and let the chips fall where they may. Ride Doctson and get Reed his bubble wrap and pound the ball with Perine and let’s do the this. We’ve had every rough break we possibly could it’s time to turn it up and leave it all out there. 

It's weird that you aren't seeing anything about this call anywhere. I mean, it was a pretty big call at a very crucial moment of the game and the refs absolutely blew it. Now there's no guarantee Rose makes the kick but he's been nailing everything so far and this was indoors and we would've had time to run the ball one more time to set up an even shorter kick. 

The league can't just come out and say "oh, we're sorry we basically eliminated you from playoff contention". The refs need to be held accountable for bad calls like this. I mean, how long has Walt Coleman been doing this job now, 30 years? If he can't get something that simple correct after 30 years than why does he still have the job? 

I’m not one for excuses I’m willing to admit when we suck but my god that’s two games now that the refs took from us. Plus we gotta have one of the hardest first 10 games ever as far as scheduling and throw in a plethora of injuries. Gruden going 4-6 through this shouldn’t have him on the hot seat.

Intentional Grounding rules.

Intentional Grounding of Forward Pass

1. Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.
  2. Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
  3. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

Basically the officials handed the game to NO after their coach coax them to throw the flag.  We would have had the ball on the 35, 2 and 10 and 28 seconds left, plenty of time to basically do whatever we wanted, including kicking the FG for a makeable 52 yarder.  These guys should never ref again.

At least two holding calls against Kerrigan and Ionnidis didn't also get called but the worse for me was right at the beginning of the game where Lattimore basically has a hold of Doctson all the way into the endzon and he can't make the catch.  PI and the ball on the 1 yard line, fist and goal.  Major blown call there, I have seen PIs for 1/10 contact than this.

Archived